Argh!
**So why is it that whenever you put in a service call for office equipment as soon as the technicians walk in the door the equipment works fine?
**Also, why did I eat three (small) cookies last night? I'm blaming Being Human. Seeing Aiden enjoy his supper so much made me think I was hungry. Except instead of blood, I need sugar and chocolate to survive. Good news is, that was the last of the cookies so they can't taunt me anymore. And...no more baking!! Not even for church.
**One of my neighbors was recently featured in the three local newspapers for his incredible weight loss. He's 57 and back in 2009 he weighed nearly 500lbs. When he was diagnosed with diabetes he began working with a dietitian and lost a couple hundred. Then another neighbor of ours sponsored his membership to the local wellness center (the gym owned and operated by the hospital) and he lost an additional 100lbs. He's like, ten pounds from his goal weight. Said his exercises initially consisted of merely walking out to his mailbox.
I'm thankful I don't have diabetes as a motivation to lose weight. And also, I'm extremely jealous that a 57-year-old started losing weight by walking to his mailbox. I've been doing that for YEARS. The injustice of the weight loss wars is disheartening. But also, it gives me hope. Because if a nearly 500lb 50-something man can lose 300lbs, surely I, an otherwise healthy 30-something woman can lose 80-100lbs, right?
**This church cemetery keeper thing is already becoming a PITA and I haven't even officially assumed the position. The lady who has been in charge of it for the past thirty-something years is dragging her feet on getting the records to me and switching my and the church treasurer's names over onto the bank records. She said for us to pick a day this week and she'd meet with us. So we picked a day and I made arrangements to be off work and when we (the treasurer and I) let her know she's all, "Oh, well I can't this week. I have too many irons in the fire. Let's get together after the first of March." So, why didn't she mention these irons when she told us to pick a day this week? I have no patience for wishy washy, inconsistent people. Say what you mean and mean what you say, yo!
**I tried my hand at making my own Chinese-ish sauce last night for my chicken and broccoli stir fry. I used soy sauce, Worcestershire, rice vinegar, sugar, honey and garlic. Oh, and some cornstarch. It was good but waaaaaaay too salty. I desperately need to get some low sodium soy sauce. When I bought the bottle I have, the store didn't have the low sodium. But after last night I know I neeeeed the low sodium.
**Also learned recently: Seasoned rice vinegar is best in small doses. That junk is super strong and not in a yummy Tatum Channing kinda way.
*This crazy day is almost over. Yay!!
**Also, why did I eat three (small) cookies last night? I'm blaming Being Human. Seeing Aiden enjoy his supper so much made me think I was hungry. Except instead of blood, I need sugar and chocolate to survive. Good news is, that was the last of the cookies so they can't taunt me anymore. And...no more baking!! Not even for church.
**One of my neighbors was recently featured in the three local newspapers for his incredible weight loss. He's 57 and back in 2009 he weighed nearly 500lbs. When he was diagnosed with diabetes he began working with a dietitian and lost a couple hundred. Then another neighbor of ours sponsored his membership to the local wellness center (the gym owned and operated by the hospital) and he lost an additional 100lbs. He's like, ten pounds from his goal weight. Said his exercises initially consisted of merely walking out to his mailbox.
I'm thankful I don't have diabetes as a motivation to lose weight. And also, I'm extremely jealous that a 57-year-old started losing weight by walking to his mailbox. I've been doing that for YEARS. The injustice of the weight loss wars is disheartening. But also, it gives me hope. Because if a nearly 500lb 50-something man can lose 300lbs, surely I, an otherwise healthy 30-something woman can lose 80-100lbs, right?
**This church cemetery keeper thing is already becoming a PITA and I haven't even officially assumed the position. The lady who has been in charge of it for the past thirty-something years is dragging her feet on getting the records to me and switching my and the church treasurer's names over onto the bank records. She said for us to pick a day this week and she'd meet with us. So we picked a day and I made arrangements to be off work and when we (the treasurer and I) let her know she's all, "Oh, well I can't this week. I have too many irons in the fire. Let's get together after the first of March." So, why didn't she mention these irons when she told us to pick a day this week? I have no patience for wishy washy, inconsistent people. Say what you mean and mean what you say, yo!
**I tried my hand at making my own Chinese-ish sauce last night for my chicken and broccoli stir fry. I used soy sauce, Worcestershire, rice vinegar, sugar, honey and garlic. Oh, and some cornstarch. It was good but waaaaaaay too salty. I desperately need to get some low sodium soy sauce. When I bought the bottle I have, the store didn't have the low sodium. But after last night I know I neeeeed the low sodium.
**Also learned recently: Seasoned rice vinegar is best in small doses. That junk is super strong and not in a yummy Tatum Channing kinda way.
*This crazy day is almost over. Yay!!
Comments
Boo about the multiple plan changes...
And sign about Aiden... ;)
Heather~Amen to the unfairness of men in general. Thanks the encouragment. :-)