Thursday Things

* Last night was interesting. At church council I got rail roaded into elected to be in charge of the church cemetery. Not my idea of a good time because, you know, I don't have enough going on with work and stuff. Everyone else pulled the "I'm old card" though, so my being the youngest adult member in our church worked against me. I'm leaving it in God's hands, though. I only have to do it until September when I rotate off the Council so ya'll pray nobody dies and no disasters happen to the cemetery before then.

*I didn't walk yesterday afternoon because I knew I had to be at church by 6:30 and I didn't want to be sweaty and grody. I'm okay with that skip because it was necessary. What I'm not okay with is the BLT dip and pita chips I polished off after I got home at 9:15pm. Stress eating. Blech.

*Speaking of BLT dip, why do I have such enabling people in my life? I don't get it. Even my mother, who has been a healthy eating diabetic for the past nine years thinks nothing of pushing off bad food on me. Brownies that she didn't want Daddy to eat, she brought to work and told me to eat them. I politely told her, "Don't put those on me. I don't need them." And because I was so put out with her for pushing that junk on me when she KNOWS I'm struggling I haven' touched a single one. I hate those brownies. But she also sent me home with the blasted BLT dip. Which, isn't as bad as it sounds. Fat free cream cheese, tomato, bacon bits and green onions. Baked pita chips. BUT, anything extra around the house like that is not good for me to be faced with. I'm still so weak when it comes to food temptations.

My friends are just as bad. BK, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks...and when I tell them I can't go and why, they go without me and then brag later about what all they ate and try to lay a guilt trip on me for passing. Kinda makes me hate my friends a little. Okay, I don't hate them hate them. I just...I'm frustrated.

Which is weird, because in the book I told ya'll about the other day, she said she had the opposite problem. Her family and friends became very judgemental about EVERYTHING she ate whenever they knew she was trying to lose weight. I guess you just can't ever have everyone in your life be exactly what and who you need them to be at any given time.

And okay, in all fairness I must I admit I'm sort of an enabler to Sis2 who's also trying to lose weight. Whenever I want to be "bad" I drag her down with me. Shame!

* I had a couple of weird dreams last night. One, I fear, is my guilty conscience. The other, I'm not sure.

The first dream was about my friends and I talking in the lounge and I was complaining to them about a co-worker. Something I actually did yesterday. And I shouldn't have because my gripes with the co-worker shouldn't be vented with other people who work in the same building. In the dream, however, the co-worker and and my former supervisor overheard me complaining and got very upset with me and kinda made me feel like a heel. So yeah. Totally of guilty conscience thing.

The other dream was Mama and me in her car on the way to work one morning and she was complaining about something and I told her "Sounds like a 1st world problem to me." And then I had to explain to her what that meant and ended up wanting to smash my head into the dashboard. I think the conversation ended with, "NEVER. MIND." Maybe it's a frustration thing because I feel like I always have to explain myself and it get's so tedious and tiresome and frustrating.

* I have three meetings back to back to back this afternoon and I'm dreading it. I hate meetings. Meetings make me hate my life.

*Jen posted a picture of her 3lbs to goal weight self  and I'm glad I love her because if I didn't I'd kinda hate her. She's so stinkin' skinny! ;-) Seriously, though, WTG, JEN! Giving up all those carbs were not for naught because you look ah-mazing.

*Don't feel bad, Jen, I kinda hate to love my BIL this morning, too. He bought a bright red 2012 Mustang yesterday. I've always wanted a Mustang. *sniff* Said he bought it to save money on gas mileage. Some people *points at self* save money by carpooling. Maybe I should rethink this and buy a Mustang instead.

*Speaking of saving money, though, I made my first BIG credit card payment yesterday. It kinda stung a little but when I realized how much money I'll be saving by paying such a huge chunk each month, it made me kinda sing praise hymns. Yep. We almost had church up in here.

*And speaking of church, before I was roped into managing the cemetery, we had a really good service. Pastor is going over Tribulation and End Times prophecy on Wednesday nights now. Kinda makes me all shivery and REALLY glad I've got my heart covered. Hope all ya'll do, too. If not, read Matthew chapter 24. Shivers, I tell ya!

Anyway, those are the tidbits goin' round in my head today. Happy Almost Friday!

Comments

JenMarie said…
You're so sweet. You made me smile big time. I've always struggled with my weight, so I'm hugely happy with this.

WTG on your credit card payment!! woop woop!

I know it's hard to not go out with the friends. Sometimes I try to get a grilled chicken salad if I do. Or grilled chicken n veggies. It still hits the pocketbook, but that way you're not left out. Or plain coffee from the bagel shop, but that can be hard to see everyone else eat bagels while you get none. *pfft*
Heather said…
It's no fun feeling left out, even when you know friends are well-intentioned and did not invite you because they know you can't afford to do something, or because they are supporting your life changes.

Not sure what being in charge of the cemetery entails, but I think you know better (and know how much I love cemeteries) than to expect sympathy from me there. Maybe it will prove to be a more interesting job than expected. ;)
Jana said…
Jen~Thanks for the suggestions. One of my other friends has had to cut back, too, due to fundage issues. All that eating out hits the wallet hard. I don't see how they've been keeping it up this long.

Heather~So when the time comes to direct grave digging and burial arrangements, I can give you a call? ;-)

Not sure what all managing the cemetary entails, either. I'm not opposed to making sure it stays in tip top shape, but from what I understand from the previous manager, it can suck the life outta ya. Which is why nobody else wanted the job.
Heather said…
Sorry, I dig cemeteries, not graves. :-D
Jana said…
Figures. :-/

hehehe

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today