Today I...
...am not in the best of moods so of course all the procrastinators in that one class would wait until due date (today!!) to come harrassing me for research materials. I'm not in love with being hit up for help by people who waited until the last second and I sure as heck ain't fond of it first thing in the morning.
...am PMS'd. I'll bet you couldn't tell.
...actually started back to work on a project that I'd put on hold back before Christmas. This project is away from my desk/computer so of course it would be during that time that two other librarians IM'd me for assistance. I'd forgotten to change my status to "away" so when I finally meandered back to my desk before lunch I found where they'd been IM'ing me. Fortunately, they called each other and got it straightened out. BTW, you know those people who need/like to be needed? I'm not on of them.
...found a pair of rolled up socks in my purse. Not sure how, exactly, they got there but since they're mine I can only assume that I put them there. I just can't imagine why. I don't normally store my undergarments in my purse. Well, except that one time and it was my bra and not socks which isn't nearly as risque as it sounds. No walk of shame involved. Just me, bloated and PMS'd at the time and the stupid bra had been digging into me all day. Once in the car to go home that afternoon, I pulled a Flashdance (you know, removing a bra from beneath your blouse?) and took my bra off and stuffed it in my purse while sitting in the parking lot. Mama was only mildly scandalized and we had a good laugh about it later. I can't be sure but I think only two people saw me. But they weren't anyone I knew so it's all good.
...had to watch my friends eat bagels while I ate a handful of almonds and sipped green tea. Oddly enough, though, I wasn't even all that jealous of the bagels. I was more jealous that they'd gone to the bagel shop together without inviting me. Eating healthy and saving money is lonely.
...am super frustrated with myself and a lot of other people. That quote Heather left in the comments yesterday is so true. Hell truly IS other people. I have to pray each night for God to forgive me for not liking the people He commanded me to love. I always remind myself, though, that He said I had to love them, not that I have to like them or enjoy being anywhere near them.
...am oddly not even a little tempted to buy a latte. You'd think in my mood, that's the first thing I'd run to. But it hasn't really even crossed my mind. I have, however, had to restrain myself from flexing my Visa and ordering a handful of new books. Suddenly now that I'm reading again I have to BUY ALL THE BOOKS!! But I haven't ordered anything. I'm resisting. So far.
...am tempted to take my bra off right here at my desk and stuff it in a drawer. This has been a public service announcement. You're welcome.
Happy Wordy Wednesday! Friday's just two sleeps away! Wheeee!
...am PMS'd. I'll bet you couldn't tell.
...actually started back to work on a project that I'd put on hold back before Christmas. This project is away from my desk/computer so of course it would be during that time that two other librarians IM'd me for assistance. I'd forgotten to change my status to "away" so when I finally meandered back to my desk before lunch I found where they'd been IM'ing me. Fortunately, they called each other and got it straightened out. BTW, you know those people who need/like to be needed? I'm not on of them.
...found a pair of rolled up socks in my purse. Not sure how, exactly, they got there but since they're mine I can only assume that I put them there. I just can't imagine why. I don't normally store my undergarments in my purse. Well, except that one time and it was my bra and not socks which isn't nearly as risque as it sounds. No walk of shame involved. Just me, bloated and PMS'd at the time and the stupid bra had been digging into me all day. Once in the car to go home that afternoon, I pulled a Flashdance (you know, removing a bra from beneath your blouse?) and took my bra off and stuffed it in my purse while sitting in the parking lot. Mama was only mildly scandalized and we had a good laugh about it later. I can't be sure but I think only two people saw me. But they weren't anyone I knew so it's all good.
...had to watch my friends eat bagels while I ate a handful of almonds and sipped green tea. Oddly enough, though, I wasn't even all that jealous of the bagels. I was more jealous that they'd gone to the bagel shop together without inviting me. Eating healthy and saving money is lonely.
...am super frustrated with myself and a lot of other people. That quote Heather left in the comments yesterday is so true. Hell truly IS other people. I have to pray each night for God to forgive me for not liking the people He commanded me to love. I always remind myself, though, that He said I had to love them, not that I have to like them or enjoy being anywhere near them.
...am oddly not even a little tempted to buy a latte. You'd think in my mood, that's the first thing I'd run to. But it hasn't really even crossed my mind. I have, however, had to restrain myself from flexing my Visa and ordering a handful of new books. Suddenly now that I'm reading again I have to BUY ALL THE BOOKS!! But I haven't ordered anything. I'm resisting. So far.
...am tempted to take my bra off right here at my desk and stuff it in a drawer. This has been a public service announcement. You're welcome.
Happy Wordy Wednesday! Friday's just two sleeps away! Wheeee!
Comments
I find the more healthy I eat, the less I'm tempted. I think, I don't want to eat THAT. I know how that makes me feel. Last time I ate donuts, uck, I went back to bed I was so lethargic.
Why don't you use the library? You work at one, surely there's lots of books you could take home and read for free? I LOVE my library. We're in a hot and heavy affair.
Jen~I know, it sounds weird that I don't borrow from the library. But ours is an acedemic library so there's not a whole lot of current or popular fiction to be found. Lots of literary stuff the English department orders but...snore. We do have a public library downtown but honestly, I don't think I've ever been in it more than twice and those were both trips with a kid I babysat back in high school. lol I obviously think they're excellent and vital institutions, I'd just rather buy than borrow.
Besides, I have an extensive TBR backlog at home that I can read from. It's just... there's so many new books to be had! I've just got to stop reading recommendations. lol
Or maybe you should get a library card and mark some of the iffy books (library read). :)
I just love lists
I don't even borrow from friends and family for that reason. And also, if it's a really good book I hate having to give it back. hehehe