Ack!!

Oy, this day! Busy, busy, busy.

I started out the day sore anyway because I went crazy last night and walked TWO MILES with Leslie Sansone--one of which was a legs toning mile which included squats and lunges. I made it through the squats but there was no way in you-know-where I was going for the lunges. Hello, decrepit knees.

Needless to say, I kicked my own butt last night and could hardly walk this morning. Even if I DID have some fan-freaking-tastic supper last night. I'll post about THAT tomorrow. Maybe. If I survive the night.

Then today has been one evil plot after another to kill me. I've been on my feet for five out of eight hours and that's not including the fifteen minutes it took us to walk across the drill field for a milk-shake from Chic-fil-A. hehehe

NOW, it's time to go home and I get to drive Daddy's redneck Ranger home because he and Mama ditched me here while they went to his doctor's appointment a half hour from here. I used to love to drive his Ranger but now it kinda sounds like how my knees would sound if anyone but me could hear them creaking and groaning. And sometimes the transmission slips. FUN. Only not.

On the flip side, I always feel sort of badass driving a manlified redneck truck. Back when I was way younger, I wanted a big 'ol truck more than anything. And I still would if gas prices didn't suck so hard these days.

Anyhow, that's me in a nutshell this wicked Thursday. Thank my glorious Father in Heaven that tomorrow is Friday! Wooo hooooooo!

Comments

Heather said…
JanaJanaJana... I could have told you not to try those lunges. They are EVIL on wonky knees. Those and step aerobics. I can walk up several flights of stairs no problem, but step aerobics? I don't know what it is about them that is so much harder on one's knees, but they are. Here's hoping for a GREAT Friday!
Jana said…
Girl, I didn't attempt the lunges. I laughed when she started demonstrating those because...yeah. Not happening. The squats and the sheer focus on the legs was what killed me. There were a few other moves in there that my weakling little leg muscles weren't used to.

I'm just now getting to a point where I can go DOWN a flight of stairs without torture but going UP is still an issue. I'm working on it, though...shin splints and all! lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today