Ellusive Eggs

The funnest part of any Easter egg hunt is watching the adults who hid the eggs trying to remember WHERE they hid them all. For instance, Sunday we had four kids hunting 35 eggs. Sis2 and Emmy were in charge of hiding. I bailed on it this year because, well, I hate hiding eggs. It's the least fun task I can think of and since I don't own any kids, I leave that to the ones who do.

So, Emmy and Sis2 hid the eggs and the kids started hunting.


They found the first twenty fairly easily. Being that two of the four hunting are toddlers, they tried to make it fairly easy pickings. But then there were, inevitably, the ones they'd hidden a little better for the older kids and, you guessed it, the kids couldn't find them and neither Sis2 nor Emmy couldn't remember where they'd hidden them!

Pretty soon the hiders were doing most of the hunting and mostly coming up empty handed.


Meanwhile, I just stood around taking pictures at them looking dumbfounded as they tried their best to recall all the tougher hiding places. ;-)


The ants had a field day, too. Yuck!

All in all, they had a pretty good hunt. Efan was really into it this year. Last year I think he was pretty much clueless about it all. This year he knew the score and was on it!



Except when he wasn't. haha



Check out Lyssa's shoes in the pic above, too. How cute are they? Sis2 said they found them at Burlington's Shoe and Lyssa fell in love. Like, not-leaving-the-store-unless-the-shoes-come-too love. Fortunately they were on sale or Sis2 and Goofus would be filling out a change of address card. haha

But back to the hunt, yeah, we they did actually end up finding all 35 eggs. The older kids that didn't hunt ended up helping look and they found them. Thank goodness for teenagers. (That's a first!)

Now, just for fun, some gratuitous pics of my favorite kiddos:


Sis2 and Lyssa found her dress at JCPenny's several months ago and Lyssa fell in love with it and talked about it for days. They didn't get it at the the time because it was full price and full price is a little ridiculous to spend on kids clothes. However, when the two of them went back to JCP in March in search of an Easter dress, it was marked down really low ($10 Maybe?) so Sis2 bought it and Lyssa decided it was going to be her Easter dress.

Whenever complimented on it, she was so proud of her pretty new dress that she would reply, "Thank you! Mama got it for me at JC and Penny!" ;-)

Some people didn't want her to wear it because it wasn't Easter-y enough. But some people need to get a life.


Efan's outfit came with it's own set of issues. For one thing, manufacturers for kids clothes need to understand that children, like most adults, aren't one size fits all. Efan is a little bulkier in the shoulders and torso but tiny in the waist and hips. So the shirt in the outfit fit great. The pants? Way too big. They had to safety pin them in the back to get them to say up. lol And then he wouldn't keep his shirt tucked in. Sis2 would tuck it and two seconds later he was pulling it out. She finally just gave up and decided to let him be. He's not a "shirt tucked in" kind of guy, apparently. Which is fine. He's such a little ladies man either way. ;-)


And how gorgeous is this girl? Too gorgeous for her own good. I see many many problems with boys in her future. She's already got a "boyfriend" she won't talk about.



"Hands off!" says Efan, "She's mine!"

Dudes better watch out for the little man. He'll take 'em down at the knees if they mess with his favorite girl.


Or his sister.


"Come swing, Jah-nah. Come swing."

See what I mean? Total ladies man. We got to swing together and chat about butterflies for all of five minutes before my cousin's son came over and scootched between us, effectively ending our little bonding moment.


He got in a little quality charm time with Sis1, too, the stinker. I'm tellin' ya'll...he's a total ladies' man.


Lyssa's a little sweetheart, too. She picked me a "flower." ;-)

One of my cousins (also unmarried, also no kids) told me I need to hurry up and have some kids. I asked him, why? I already have the best of the lot and I don't have to do anything but love and spoil them. That's the best kind of kids to have!

Comments

Heather said…
Aw...cute pics! This post reminds me of the Gilmore Girls ep where Kirk forgot to draw a map and couldn't remember where all the Easter eggs were hidden--thus causing a horrendous smell to permeate the down town area. Oh, and although Lyssa's shoes are cute, I love her dress.
Jana said…
LOL I'll hafta start calling Sis2 Kirk. hehe One of the cousins tried talking us into giving up but we could NOT leave Granny with a rotten egg in her yard. Yuck!

I love Lyssa's dress, too. She was so sweet in it. All she needed was little pair of white gloves to finish it off. :-D

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today