Ms. Fancy Bag
It took me thirty-three years, but I finally own something with a designer label. See Sis1's belated b-day gift:
It's a Vera Bradly which is kind of a big-ish deal around here. Not sure about the rest of the world.
Not that labels or designers mean all that much to me. I was thrilled to the gills last month when I found a like-new St. John's Bay (JCPenny's brand) purse at a thrift store for $6.99 and carried it quite happily. It's purple microsuede with lots of pockets and suits all the junk I carry. Plus it's cute.
But, I can't say that I wasn't a little bit pleased as a peach when I pulled that there brightly colored Vera Bradley out of the gift bag. It came with a nice big matching wallet that holds all sorts of stuff and a nice big cosmetics bag that I keep all my little odds and ends (lip balm, hair clips, nail file, etc) in. It has three nice big side pockets to stow my phone, my keys and my calculator so that those things don't float around at the bottom of the bag. AND, I feel very posh and stylish carrying a coveted designer's wares. ha ha
I'm still on the fence about the sheer BRIGHTNESS of it but I'm leaning more towards like than not. I could definitely use a bit of color in my sad mostly brown and black wardrobe. AND the thing is big enough to stuff a book, an umbrella, my camera and an extra pair of shoes when I need them. Not that I DO carry all that stuff in it yet but nice to know that I CAN if I want. And since it's a nice lightweight quilted bag (no zippers, metal pieces or leather to weigh it down) it's not nearly so heavy on my shoulder.
There are only a couple of boutiques around here that sell Vera Bradley (She got this one in AL, of course) and I've always been kinda "meh" on them because they're ridiculously priced--definitely NOT in the $6.99 range--but with this bag and matching pieces, I'm sorta a convert. *blushes*
NOT that I'll be buying my own new ones from now on. I'm not that nuts. I mean, I could buy the entire Paula Deen set of cookware for what one set of Vera Bradly costs and Heaven knows I'd probably die of sheer bliss if I ever caved and bought that cookware set. But a bag? I'd feel silly.
But a Vera Bradley for my birthday? I'll take it!
BONUS...totally thrilled that I didn't get any Mary Kay like I'd feared! :-D
It's a Vera Bradly which is kind of a big-ish deal around here. Not sure about the rest of the world.
Not that labels or designers mean all that much to me. I was thrilled to the gills last month when I found a like-new St. John's Bay (JCPenny's brand) purse at a thrift store for $6.99 and carried it quite happily. It's purple microsuede with lots of pockets and suits all the junk I carry. Plus it's cute.
But, I can't say that I wasn't a little bit pleased as a peach when I pulled that there brightly colored Vera Bradley out of the gift bag. It came with a nice big matching wallet that holds all sorts of stuff and a nice big cosmetics bag that I keep all my little odds and ends (lip balm, hair clips, nail file, etc) in. It has three nice big side pockets to stow my phone, my keys and my calculator so that those things don't float around at the bottom of the bag. AND, I feel very posh and stylish carrying a coveted designer's wares. ha ha
![]() |
| I can stuff a bazillion receipts in this here wallet! |
I'm still on the fence about the sheer BRIGHTNESS of it but I'm leaning more towards like than not. I could definitely use a bit of color in my sad mostly brown and black wardrobe. AND the thing is big enough to stuff a book, an umbrella, my camera and an extra pair of shoes when I need them. Not that I DO carry all that stuff in it yet but nice to know that I CAN if I want. And since it's a nice lightweight quilted bag (no zippers, metal pieces or leather to weigh it down) it's not nearly so heavy on my shoulder.
There are only a couple of boutiques around here that sell Vera Bradley (She got this one in AL, of course) and I've always been kinda "meh" on them because they're ridiculously priced--definitely NOT in the $6.99 range--but with this bag and matching pieces, I'm sorta a convert. *blushes*
NOT that I'll be buying my own new ones from now on. I'm not that nuts. I mean, I could buy the entire Paula Deen set of cookware for what one set of Vera Bradly costs and Heaven knows I'd probably die of sheer bliss if I ever caved and bought that cookware set. But a bag? I'd feel silly.
But a Vera Bradley for my birthday? I'll take it!
BONUS...totally thrilled that I didn't get any Mary Kay like I'd feared! :-D


Comments
It's bright and happy and springy.
I've definitely heard of Vera Bradley! I like the mix of sophistication and casualness. You're gonna rock that bag!
And I don't buy any purse that I can't fit my book in! :) LOL
Heather~I was a little taken aback by the colors when I first pulled it out. I mean, that there is a LOT of bright. Kinda needed shades just to look at it. But it's grown on me enough that I'm fairly certain I like it now. Definitely no worries about misplacing it. LOL