Wordy Wednesday
Ya'll, I have sucked SO HARD this week. Well, actually, my friends suck and they drag me along with them. But I think the suckage actually started with me Saturday morning. Either way...suckage a'hoy!
After I was all, "I'm going to work my belly off to look good in my Easter 'frock'."
Yeah. Right.
So. Yeah. I had told myself, "Self we're not going to venture down the Easter candy aisle. NOT going to do it. NOT ALLOWED. Absolutely not." Then, well, ya'll know. Self, being as rebellious and defiant as Sis1 was in her teens was all, "Who the heck are YOU to tell ME what to do?"
Actually it was more like, "Well, you know. We should probably find the kids something for Easter." So of course I caved like a pair of panties confronted with Tatum Channing. That's how CADBERRY CHOCOLATE CREAM EGGS happened.
Cause you see, I'm normally a bit of a Cadberry egg girl anyway but I can resist the regular and the caramel versions. I enjoy them, but they aren't so seductive that I can't say no. But the chocolate...I hadn't even been able to FIND IT for the past eleven years. Seriously, the last time I found a chocolate cream egg in a store around here was my senior year of college. So of course when I found them Saturday morning under the pretext of shopping for the kids I Had. To. Have them.
I've eaten three out of five since I brought them home Saturday. Which isn't bad, really. Was a time the whole pack would have been gone by now.
But then Monday the girls needed some Starbuck's at morning break. They'd been working their tails off (so they claim) and needed the kick of caffeine and sugar. So of course I had to tag along because who wants to be the bummer who won't go to Starbuck's at break with her friends? I got a grande white mocha frappaciano with whip and skim milk. So. I got my "latte" the first day of the week. Nothing to look forward to now, dag-gummit. I normally make myself wait until Friday. Sort of like making myself earn it or something. But now it's gone and I've got no reward waiting on me at the end of this blazin'ly stinky week.
So of course yesterday when the girls went for candy bars I had to go with them. A fifty cent Kit-Kat can't be beat.
See? Toldja I sucked this week.
I have kept up with my walking this week, though. I did the kickboxing walk last night and remembered why I quit doing it. Not because it's extra intense or hard. Just painful. Painful for my knees and ankles and it doesn't really even feel like good cardio. So that one's going to the bottom of the pile.
And WHY in the week when I'm deliberately trying to trim the ol' belly down did I pick a bunch of carby stuff in my meal rotation?? Home made pizza. Spaghetti. Tacos with fat free refried beans. Not to mention all the broccoli. Bloat much, anybody? Ugh.
I's not all that brite.
But the scale is holding steady at 242 point whatever so at least all the bloat isn't translating into pesky risen numbers. Relief.
Speaking of relief, though. I'm selfishly relieved that Sis1 and Emmy aren't coming until Saturday. I know. I'm terrible. And I really do want to see them/spend time with them. Especially since HOPEFULLY Sis1 will have my b-day pressie by then. (I'm horrible. We know. Let's move on.) But. I'm super excited that I get a deliciously decadent day to myself Friday. I'm undecided what to do with that day off, though. I'm torn between going to town and doing some leisurely window shopping--something that I never do--and staying at home and snoozing all day. The hermit in me is screaming for snoozing at home and my hermit-y instincts usually win. So we'll see. I'll let you know.
But Mama's all pouty about the whole "Sis1 and Emmy not coming until Saturday" thing. I had mentioned my hopes to her earlier in the week so when she found out that they're not coming until Saturday afternoon she sent me a pouty email with the subject "Looks like you'll get your wish." An email I silently rejoiced at but did not respond to because, well, my dog in this fight won and she can get over it without me poking her with a stick.
BUT THEN, she brought it up at lunch. I avoided the fight by shrugging and saying, "I didn't say I wanted them to wait until late Saturday. Just Friday." And then I changed the subject.
She and I...I love her to death but we are so polarly opposite that it's not even funny. Or it would be funny if it weren't so darned annoying sometimes. I'd inquire at the possibility of my having been adopted but for as opposite as I am from Mama, I'm identical to Daddy. So at least my paternity isn't in question. Whew! (Although sometimes I'd still like to be able to say, "I'm adopted. I don't really belong to these people." hehe)
Meanwhile, Sis2 and the kids aren't coming over until after church Sunday. If Mama wants to get upset about something, get upset about THAT. lol Lyssa's been telling her mama all week that she wants to come to Aunt Jana's house. Then she wants to go to Nana's house. But Goofus's mom is in town this week and she gets them until Sunday morning. NOT. FAIR.
Speaking of not fair, I recorded the encore of the season premier of AMC's The Killing Sunday night because it didn't come on until 10pm and I had to get to bed. (Ima old lady, doncha know.) Watched the it last night and wouldn't you know, the danged DVD started messing up in the last thirty minutes? When the good part was finally playing out??? UGH.
Fortunately it encores again Friday at noon so if I'm home from gallivanting (or home snoozing) I can still catch it.
Anyway, that's all the head clutter I've got to empty on ya'll for the moment.
You're welcome. ;-)
After I was all, "I'm going to work my belly off to look good in my Easter 'frock'."
Yeah. Right.
So. Yeah. I had told myself, "Self we're not going to venture down the Easter candy aisle. NOT going to do it. NOT ALLOWED. Absolutely not." Then, well, ya'll know. Self, being as rebellious and defiant as Sis1 was in her teens was all, "Who the heck are YOU to tell ME what to do?"
Actually it was more like, "Well, you know. We should probably find the kids something for Easter." So of course I caved like a pair of panties confronted with Tatum Channing. That's how CADBERRY CHOCOLATE CREAM EGGS happened.
Cause you see, I'm normally a bit of a Cadberry egg girl anyway but I can resist the regular and the caramel versions. I enjoy them, but they aren't so seductive that I can't say no. But the chocolate...I hadn't even been able to FIND IT for the past eleven years. Seriously, the last time I found a chocolate cream egg in a store around here was my senior year of college. So of course when I found them Saturday morning under the pretext of shopping for the kids I Had. To. Have them.
I've eaten three out of five since I brought them home Saturday. Which isn't bad, really. Was a time the whole pack would have been gone by now.
But then Monday the girls needed some Starbuck's at morning break. They'd been working their tails off (so they claim) and needed the kick of caffeine and sugar. So of course I had to tag along because who wants to be the bummer who won't go to Starbuck's at break with her friends? I got a grande white mocha frappaciano with whip and skim milk. So. I got my "latte" the first day of the week. Nothing to look forward to now, dag-gummit. I normally make myself wait until Friday. Sort of like making myself earn it or something. But now it's gone and I've got no reward waiting on me at the end of this blazin'ly stinky week.
So of course yesterday when the girls went for candy bars I had to go with them. A fifty cent Kit-Kat can't be beat.
See? Toldja I sucked this week.
I have kept up with my walking this week, though. I did the kickboxing walk last night and remembered why I quit doing it. Not because it's extra intense or hard. Just painful. Painful for my knees and ankles and it doesn't really even feel like good cardio. So that one's going to the bottom of the pile.
And WHY in the week when I'm deliberately trying to trim the ol' belly down did I pick a bunch of carby stuff in my meal rotation?? Home made pizza. Spaghetti. Tacos with fat free refried beans. Not to mention all the broccoli. Bloat much, anybody? Ugh.
I's not all that brite.
But the scale is holding steady at 242 point whatever so at least all the bloat isn't translating into pesky risen numbers. Relief.
Speaking of relief, though. I'm selfishly relieved that Sis1 and Emmy aren't coming until Saturday. I know. I'm terrible. And I really do want to see them/spend time with them. Especially since HOPEFULLY Sis1 will have my b-day pressie by then. (I'm horrible. We know. Let's move on.) But. I'm super excited that I get a deliciously decadent day to myself Friday. I'm undecided what to do with that day off, though. I'm torn between going to town and doing some leisurely window shopping--something that I never do--and staying at home and snoozing all day. The hermit in me is screaming for snoozing at home and my hermit-y instincts usually win. So we'll see. I'll let you know.
But Mama's all pouty about the whole "Sis1 and Emmy not coming until Saturday" thing. I had mentioned my hopes to her earlier in the week so when she found out that they're not coming until Saturday afternoon she sent me a pouty email with the subject "Looks like you'll get your wish." An email I silently rejoiced at but did not respond to because, well, my dog in this fight won and she can get over it without me poking her with a stick.
BUT THEN, she brought it up at lunch. I avoided the fight by shrugging and saying, "I didn't say I wanted them to wait until late Saturday. Just Friday." And then I changed the subject.
She and I...I love her to death but we are so polarly opposite that it's not even funny. Or it would be funny if it weren't so darned annoying sometimes. I'd inquire at the possibility of my having been adopted but for as opposite as I am from Mama, I'm identical to Daddy. So at least my paternity isn't in question. Whew! (Although sometimes I'd still like to be able to say, "I'm adopted. I don't really belong to these people." hehe)
Meanwhile, Sis2 and the kids aren't coming over until after church Sunday. If Mama wants to get upset about something, get upset about THAT. lol Lyssa's been telling her mama all week that she wants to come to Aunt Jana's house. Then she wants to go to Nana's house. But Goofus's mom is in town this week and she gets them until Sunday morning. NOT. FAIR.
Speaking of not fair, I recorded the encore of the season premier of AMC's The Killing Sunday night because it didn't come on until 10pm and I had to get to bed. (Ima old lady, doncha know.) Watched the it last night and wouldn't you know, the danged DVD started messing up in the last thirty minutes? When the good part was finally playing out??? UGH.
Fortunately it encores again Friday at noon so if I'm home from gallivanting (or home snoozing) I can still catch it.
Anyway, that's all the head clutter I've got to empty on ya'll for the moment.
You're welcome. ;-)
Comments
You're still doing amazing!
By the way, I awarded you with the Versatile blogger award on my site. Cause you inspire me!
That being said, I want to know why there were NO Dove Truffle Eggs this year. Nowhere. Not a single one. Sniff.
Heather~Discipline? What's that? Never heard that word before. Unless someone's coming at me with a fly swatter or a paddle. :-D You're not hiding a fly swatter behind your back are you? *glaring suspiciously*
No, I know. That's my problem. I have no discipline. I already know I'm my own worst enemy. No one hurts me more than I hurt myself. No one ever could. That's why I've really been hitting the prayer time hard. I know I can't do any good on my own. Left up to me...well, you see this big ol' mess... that's what happens when I leave me alone with myself. ;-)
As for the Dove truffle eggs...I didn't spot any around here either, or I'd send you some. I didn't see any Dove ANYTHING, for that matter. :-/