Goodie Shelf
No, not those kinds of goodies.
Gutterminds!
No, THESE kinds of goodies.
Two kinds of hazelnut spread (Crunchy and regular--Kroger's version of Nutella), Biscoff Spread (newly discovered and utterly adored), orange blossom honey (soooooo much better than clover honey) and lightly salted almonds.
Yeah, there's some other stuff back there. Bread crumbs. Tomato sauce. Peanut buter. Pickles. But the stuff at the front? Well, it's at the front for a reason, yo.
Think, These are a few of my favorite things.
On a spoon. On a pita. IN MY MOUTH.
And by the way. Why hasn't anyone ever told me about Biscoff Spread??? Trix? Did you know about this stuff? You were, after all, the one who introduced me to Biscoff cookies.
Ya'll, that junk is expensive but ADDICTIVE. Like, I eat it straight outta the jar with a spoon, much like I do Nutella. Best part? Low cal and low fat! I die.
Of course it has NO nutritional value. It is, after all, a bunch of cookies pressed into a spreadable consistency. Which, hello. Kinda awesome. Plus? It's from EUROPE. Which means the Queen probably eats it. I'm practically royal here.
What's on your goodie shelf? Cookies? Chips? And if you could choose between spreadable cookies and regular ol' peanut butter, which would you choose?
Gutterminds!
No, THESE kinds of goodies.
Two kinds of hazelnut spread (Crunchy and regular--Kroger's version of Nutella), Biscoff Spread (newly discovered and utterly adored), orange blossom honey (soooooo much better than clover honey) and lightly salted almonds.
Yeah, there's some other stuff back there. Bread crumbs. Tomato sauce. Peanut buter. Pickles. But the stuff at the front? Well, it's at the front for a reason, yo.
Think, These are a few of my favorite things.
On a spoon. On a pita. IN MY MOUTH.
And by the way. Why hasn't anyone ever told me about Biscoff Spread??? Trix? Did you know about this stuff? You were, after all, the one who introduced me to Biscoff cookies.
Ya'll, that junk is expensive but ADDICTIVE. Like, I eat it straight outta the jar with a spoon, much like I do Nutella. Best part? Low cal and low fat! I die.
Of course it has NO nutritional value. It is, after all, a bunch of cookies pressed into a spreadable consistency. Which, hello. Kinda awesome. Plus? It's from EUROPE. Which means the Queen probably eats it. I'm practically royal here.
What's on your goodie shelf? Cookies? Chips? And if you could choose between spreadable cookies and regular ol' peanut butter, which would you choose?

Comments
Aunt B~I reward myself too much too soon. Oy. But, the goodie shelf isn't usually quite as happy. Sometimes it's bare. ;)
It just somehow feels less guilty to go and get a small spoonful of something yummy or a handful of almonds than keeping whole desserts, chips or candy around the house. My insatiable sweet and salty tooth just sometimes needs a tiny taste of something and having a jar of nutella and now biscoff spread or a can of lightly salted almonds seems to do the trick. And the honey is good in tea, yogurt, and as Heather mentioned, with chicken. Color me happy. haha
So glad you're on the bandwagon! I've enjoyed the actual cookie for years. We have the crunchy spread with chunks of cookie. *sigh*
I have a shelf in my bedroom with snacks. Ghiradelli chocolates, sugar free twizzlers, a few sugar free Russel Stover chocolates. Those are my hidden yummies. I used to have a package of ding dongs but they got dried up.
LOVE Ghiradelli. Raspberry and caramel are my two favorites although the white chocolate vanilla bean is pretty awesome. Well, all of it's pretty awesome. ;-)