Finally Friday Randomness
So I've actually been dreading this weekend. As in, I wish I could skip it. Don't get me wrong, I really am looking forward to seeing the kiddos tomorrow. The birthday party though? I could skip it and not cry. I hate parties and most especially ones that include Sis2's MIL. But beyond that, I dread the day because it's going to physically exhaust me. I've got to get over there early to help Sis2 finish getting her house cleaned and decorated. But even before that, I've got to go home tonight and make chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. AND I've got to get my own house cleaned up before Sis1 comes to spend the night tomorrow night.
Normally, my house wouldn't take two shakes to look presentable. But for some reason, I've just not felt at all like keeping it neat. I've had that church history project that I worked on and made a complete mess with. Up until yesterday, I had my sweaty and gross jeans on the dining room floor where I left them last Saturday after my game of "pick up sticks". I haven't swept the floor in two weeks. GROSS. The kitchen got cleaned up the other night but needs it again. The carpets all need vacuuming (and replacing but whatevs...) I really need to get my grasshog out and eat some weeds, too.
Just not enough time or energy or even really any give-a-darn. I just can't be bothered. And yet it all needs doing. Tonight.
Then Sunday...blah. I dread Sunday because chances are church is gonna be packed AND we're having "dinner on the grounds" afterwards which always sends my hermited self into a bundle of awkwardness. AND and I've got to sing a solo.
I'm exhausted and anxious and it all hasn't even happened yet.
I'm self medicating with banana muffins, chips, chicken biscuits and Panda Express. Hence the reappearance of a pound.
Meanwhile, this one co-worker is driving me nuts. First of all, he's completely ninja and just seems to appear from out of nowhere. Which means, kids, he catches me doing things like scratching my armpits or goofily smiling at Katie B's maternity photos. (Seriously...how cute is she?) Second of all, he's asking me questions about materials as though I'm just supposed to magically a) know what he's talking about and 2) know exactly where the stuff is. Far as I'm concerned, all the junk he's asking about could go in file 13. But I'm supposed to, like, care? or something? I dunno. Thirdly, when I give him actual intelligent answers he always seems surprised. Really.
In other news, I'm appalled at the frequency in which I used the word "awesome" both sarcastically and genuinely. Really? There's not another word in the universe that could get my point across? Apparently not. Remember when I was really into the world "totally?" Because it's still happening.
BUT!! How awesome is it that I finally get to see season three of Vampire Diaries in a month? haha Netflix can't release the DVD's until sometime in September. Whatever. It totally gives me something tolive for look forward to.
Also, I've discovered a new blog. Shock, it's a food blog. Yes, I want cake. I've been going through the archives for the past couple of weeks. It's a sickness, I tells ya. Mostly because very little of her blog actually involves cake. Instead, she posts pictures of vegetables that look ah-mAzing. Which is weird because I don't really like veggies? And also she makes me want to EAT them? *shudders* But also, also, she has the most cutest adorablest baby. Like, for serious. Ugh.
I need to stop reading food blogs. I need to stop looking at food. I need to stop eating. Full stop. Dag-gummit.
OH! But ya'll, totally un-food related...for the first time, like, EVER, the word clusterf*ck was used in our office. Not by me. But it totally got said and I wanted to just DIE laughing. Partly because that word is actually kinda funny but also because of who said it. You just never expect that sort of language from the highly educated 60-somethings in a library, yanno? Made. My. Day.
And with that, I'm out. Happy Friday!
Normally, my house wouldn't take two shakes to look presentable. But for some reason, I've just not felt at all like keeping it neat. I've had that church history project that I worked on and made a complete mess with. Up until yesterday, I had my sweaty and gross jeans on the dining room floor where I left them last Saturday after my game of "pick up sticks". I haven't swept the floor in two weeks. GROSS. The kitchen got cleaned up the other night but needs it again. The carpets all need vacuuming (and replacing but whatevs...) I really need to get my grasshog out and eat some weeds, too.
Just not enough time or energy or even really any give-a-darn. I just can't be bothered. And yet it all needs doing. Tonight.
Then Sunday...blah. I dread Sunday because chances are church is gonna be packed AND we're having "dinner on the grounds" afterwards which always sends my hermited self into a bundle of awkwardness. AND and I've got to sing a solo.
I'm exhausted and anxious and it all hasn't even happened yet.
I'm self medicating with banana muffins, chips, chicken biscuits and Panda Express. Hence the reappearance of a pound.
Meanwhile, this one co-worker is driving me nuts. First of all, he's completely ninja and just seems to appear from out of nowhere. Which means, kids, he catches me doing things like scratching my armpits or goofily smiling at Katie B's maternity photos. (Seriously...how cute is she?) Second of all, he's asking me questions about materials as though I'm just supposed to magically a) know what he's talking about and 2) know exactly where the stuff is. Far as I'm concerned, all the junk he's asking about could go in file 13. But I'm supposed to, like, care? or something? I dunno. Thirdly, when I give him actual intelligent answers he always seems surprised. Really.
In other news, I'm appalled at the frequency in which I used the word "awesome" both sarcastically and genuinely. Really? There's not another word in the universe that could get my point across? Apparently not. Remember when I was really into the world "totally?" Because it's still happening.
BUT!! How awesome is it that I finally get to see season three of Vampire Diaries in a month? haha Netflix can't release the DVD's until sometime in September. Whatever. It totally gives me something to
Also, I've discovered a new blog. Shock, it's a food blog. Yes, I want cake. I've been going through the archives for the past couple of weeks. It's a sickness, I tells ya. Mostly because very little of her blog actually involves cake. Instead, she posts pictures of vegetables that look ah-mAzing. Which is weird because I don't really like veggies? And also she makes me want to EAT them? *shudders* But also, also, she has the most cutest adorablest baby. Like, for serious. Ugh.
I need to stop reading food blogs. I need to stop looking at food. I need to stop eating. Full stop. Dag-gummit.
OH! But ya'll, totally un-food related...for the first time, like, EVER, the word clusterf*ck was used in our office. Not by me. But it totally got said and I wanted to just DIE laughing. Partly because that word is actually kinda funny but also because of who said it. You just never expect that sort of language from the highly educated 60-somethings in a library, yanno? Made. My. Day.
And with that, I'm out. Happy Friday!
Comments