I done broke it.

I think I may have broken part of the fancy grandfather clock we have at work. *sigh* This is why I hate being the only one responsible for keeping it wound and set. Flip side of that is that I'm the only one who (so far) knows that that part is broken. And I'm torn between confessing that I broke that part and just leaving it be. It still keeps time, it still strikes on cue--just the chimes are messed up now. Messed up, as in, it no longer chime on cue and when it does begin to chime it doesn't stop.  So I just had to shut the chiming feature off. Which is fine, actually, since it normally chimed every fifteen minutes--annoying. Oddly, nobody's noticed the lack of chiming.

But see, here's the thing--the dumb clock didn't work for YEARS and the only person who cared was the Head Cheese. It was a gift from a rich family and while it is certainly beautiful, it's a little high maintenance so we were all a little relieved that it didn't work. And then some guys who study these brands/kinds of clocks came to view it and while studying it, they fixed it and I somehow got handed the keys of the clock keeping kingdom.

Seriously, nobody else will touch it. So if the Head Cheese ever asks about the lack of chimes or if it's ever discussed, I'm the one holding the bag.

Sucks to be me.

Comments

Heather said…
I would think, in a library, you would want the chimes off. Maybe no one will ever notice. ;-)
Jana said…
LOL Right? Sounds lame.

And...fingers crossed! :D

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today