Feeling Better
I've had a decent couple of days so I'm tentatively feeling better. I've not stuck my foot in my mouth. I've been supportive and kind. I've stayed out of trouble and prayed. A lot.
One of the better outcomes from the whole soul crushing experiences was my productivity level. Who knew stress made me so productive? It's the whole "trying to get my mind off of it" thing. I've shelved more books, trimmed more weeds (aka "weed eated") and washed more dishes in the past three weeks than I have all year. Not even joking. ;-)
Meanwhile, my weight is pretty much stagnant at 250-ish. *le sigh* I can't even say that I don't know why because I do. It's called stress eating. The bane of an emotional eater's existence. But I'm okay with it for now. As I said the other day--"This too shall pass." One day my knees will simultaneously feel better, I won't be stressed and I'll find my determination again.
Another culprit, I know, is poor meal planning. I need to find a good meal guide that doesn't include Special K shakes so that I don't go on all these hunger spikes throughout the day. It's just that the shakes are so darned convenient. Snatch on from the fridge for breakfast and pop one in my lunch bag and I'm done. No thinking, planning or cooking involved. No tedious packing of lunch. No getting up earlier to cook breakfast. Just easy peasy. Until the hunger sets in a couple hours later and my belly feels like it's about to tear itself out of my body in search of food. (Gruesome Friday Imagery, ya'll. You're welcome.)
In other less depressing news, I may have been adopted by a new dog. haha It's a little black and tan mixed breed who had been hanging out at the church for the past several weeks. A stray, we think. But he's super friendly and completely adorable. Yesterday morning when I took Libby out for her second morning constitutional he greeted us with the biggest puppy smile I've ever seen. He was so happy to see me he didn't even mind Libby's less than welcoming "tear-your-face-off" barks. I scratched his belly while Libs took care of business--growling the whole time--and when we went back inside, he looked crushed. Poor baby. But he was gone when I left for work. Then last night when I took Libs out for the last time, he was back and all over me wanting petting. Libby wasn't happy again but she was slightly less "Get out of here" angry barking.
And then, because he looked hungry, I kinda sorta broke the "don't feed strays" rule and--you guessed it! I fed him. *facepalm* I know! But he really did look hungry and he's so cute I couldn't resist. And as friendly as he is, I have to think that at some point in his life he had a loving family. Where that family is now is anyone's guess. So I fed him and then he curled up on my carport and went to sleep. When I got up this morning, he was gone again. So maybe just a part time dog? haha
One of the better outcomes from the whole soul crushing experiences was my productivity level. Who knew stress made me so productive? It's the whole "trying to get my mind off of it" thing. I've shelved more books, trimmed more weeds (aka "weed eated") and washed more dishes in the past three weeks than I have all year. Not even joking. ;-)
Meanwhile, my weight is pretty much stagnant at 250-ish. *le sigh* I can't even say that I don't know why because I do. It's called stress eating. The bane of an emotional eater's existence. But I'm okay with it for now. As I said the other day--"This too shall pass." One day my knees will simultaneously feel better, I won't be stressed and I'll find my determination again.
Another culprit, I know, is poor meal planning. I need to find a good meal guide that doesn't include Special K shakes so that I don't go on all these hunger spikes throughout the day. It's just that the shakes are so darned convenient. Snatch on from the fridge for breakfast and pop one in my lunch bag and I'm done. No thinking, planning or cooking involved. No tedious packing of lunch. No getting up earlier to cook breakfast. Just easy peasy. Until the hunger sets in a couple hours later and my belly feels like it's about to tear itself out of my body in search of food. (Gruesome Friday Imagery, ya'll. You're welcome.)
In other less depressing news, I may have been adopted by a new dog. haha It's a little black and tan mixed breed who had been hanging out at the church for the past several weeks. A stray, we think. But he's super friendly and completely adorable. Yesterday morning when I took Libby out for her second morning constitutional he greeted us with the biggest puppy smile I've ever seen. He was so happy to see me he didn't even mind Libby's less than welcoming "tear-your-face-off" barks. I scratched his belly while Libs took care of business--growling the whole time--and when we went back inside, he looked crushed. Poor baby. But he was gone when I left for work. Then last night when I took Libs out for the last time, he was back and all over me wanting petting. Libby wasn't happy again but she was slightly less "Get out of here" angry barking.
And then, because he looked hungry, I kinda sorta broke the "don't feed strays" rule and--you guessed it! I fed him. *facepalm* I know! But he really did look hungry and he's so cute I couldn't resist. And as friendly as he is, I have to think that at some point in his life he had a loving family. Where that family is now is anyone's guess. So I fed him and then he curled up on my carport and went to sleep. When I got up this morning, he was gone again. So maybe just a part time dog? haha
Comments
Enjoy your part-time pet! :)
PS. It's good to be back
The best thing about part-time pets is that you don't have to clean up after them or pay vet bills. Here's hoping the little one is simply lost, not abandoned.
Heather~Yes, Blogger has been having issues lately. That anonymous thing was what it was doing to me on your blog when it was throwing me over into spam/moderation. At least it's not just me anymore! lol
As for the part-time pet...He's sweet but kind of a pain, too. lol I'll explain in a separate blog post. ;-)