I'm Boring as Whatever
I'm not stressed today. Yesterday? Yes. I was. The day before that, too. All weekend long before that, too. All last week? You bet. I'm sick of people making junk up and then making a big deal out of trying to make me feel bad.
But today? I'm...indifferent.
I was in a long meeting this morning that while boring actually ended rather fun when one coordinator told another much thinner coordinator to "eat a cookie." :-D I may have laughed too hard but whatever. That's okay because I've often thought this person could benefit from a Snickers bar. Maybe she'd smile more. So that "eat a cookie" made my whole entire day.
Then, because my whole day had gotten screwed over by that 2.5 hour meeting, I went my friends to eat lunch at the Union. We all ate salads and half a panini. YUM. Except now I'm hungry again.
I do want to know one thing, though...Why is it that while trying to relay a funny story that involves a few details to set it up, people feel the need to bog down in those details so that by the time I get to the punch line, I'm too tired to deliver it properly? Totally happened TWICE while trying to tell the "eat a cookie" story. I may give up on this story--or at least the details and instead LEAD with the "eat a cookie" part. Because being interrupted by the details clarification stuff sort of makes telling funny stories really tedious which is the exact OPPOSITE of what a funny story is about. Right?
Meanwhile, the rest of the day is dullsville which is good compared the past few WEEKS. And because I'm on a new music kick, I just discovered this really fun Taylor Swift song.
Sorry for posting so much youtube this week.
Happy middle of the week ya'll.
But today? I'm...indifferent.
I was in a long meeting this morning that while boring actually ended rather fun when one coordinator told another much thinner coordinator to "eat a cookie." :-D I may have laughed too hard but whatever. That's okay because I've often thought this person could benefit from a Snickers bar. Maybe she'd smile more. So that "eat a cookie" made my whole entire day.
Then, because my whole day had gotten screwed over by that 2.5 hour meeting, I went my friends to eat lunch at the Union. We all ate salads and half a panini. YUM. Except now I'm hungry again.
I do want to know one thing, though...Why is it that while trying to relay a funny story that involves a few details to set it up, people feel the need to bog down in those details so that by the time I get to the punch line, I'm too tired to deliver it properly? Totally happened TWICE while trying to tell the "eat a cookie" story. I may give up on this story--or at least the details and instead LEAD with the "eat a cookie" part. Because being interrupted by the details clarification stuff sort of makes telling funny stories really tedious which is the exact OPPOSITE of what a funny story is about. Right?
Meanwhile, the rest of the day is dullsville which is good compared the past few WEEKS. And because I'm on a new music kick, I just discovered this really fun Taylor Swift song.
Sorry for posting so much youtube this week.
Happy middle of the week ya'll.
Comments