Little Ballerina

So, Alyssa turned five last Tuesday and had her party Saturday. Her theme, as you might recall, was Angelina Ballerina.

Unfortunately, I'm a horrible aunt and FORGOT. TO TAKE. MY CAMERA. *facepalm*

I know, I know. But I had to load up a ton of things in my car after very little sleep and complete brain fog. I'm lucky I remembered to grab her present! I didn't think about my camera until I was halfway there.

Fortunately, Mama didn't forget her camera so maybe one day I'll have some photographic evidence of Lyssa's gorgeous party. So far, she's only shared one photo with me, though.


Sis2 and Goofus built her a little "stage" out of a wood pallet and a sheet of plywood and decorated it with tulle and tissue paper flowers. The curtain behind her was a curtain panel that Mama and I picked up one day from WallyWorld and suspended with a tension rod.

Believe it or not, Lyssa wasn't actually posing here. She didn't want her picture taken at all, the goof.  This shot was a complete stroke of luck. She did have fun playing on her stage with her friends--and I think they actually ended up cracking the plywood because they used it as a trampoline instead of a stage.  Anyway, the girl had a blast and completely wracked up on the goods. She had about four little friends there plus a ton of family--so yeah, she picked up quite the haul.

Her Aunt Jana, however, feels pretty much dead today. Because

a) I was up late Friday night making cookie dough truffles and washing up the dishes I needed to take to Sis2's.

b) I was up super early Saturday morning to get groceries and still get to Sis2's house by 9:30.

c) Once at Sis2's house, I cleaned as much as I could, decorated and then entertained the kiddos while Sis2 and Goofus had a mild freakout while building the stage. And yes. They waited until the day off to do it. *rolls eyes*

d) I spent the majority of the party running here, there and everywhere fetching this and that in between handfuls of peanut M&M's and Reese's Pieces.

e) I didn't get home until nearly 6pm and then almost immediately set to work assembling the corn salad, the baked chicken salad casserole and a double batch of Oh Baby Bars . I didn't actually get to sit down until 9pm and then it wasn't so much "sit down" as it was "pass out on the couch with the DP." Seriously. I kicked back on the couch and I was OUT. Slept for about an hour before dragging myself up to take the DP out before hitting the hay.

f) I was up early AGAIN Sunday morning in order to finish up the last piece of the history display I put together for church, slid the casserole in the oven and get it all loaded up and me to the church by 9:30.

Ya'll, I could barely walk by Sunday morning and I still had MILES and MILES to go. I had to be alert enough to operate the sound board for all the special music. I had to SING and be PEPPY about it. I had to stay awake during an hour long sermon. AND THEN I had to go eat and be sociable when really I wanted to do was go home and pass out for a few days.

Both sisters and their families all came for the church's anniversary deal, though. Stayed through lunch and then I think it was around 3:30 when we all finally went back to your respective homes. Believe it or not, though, I still managed to force myself to do four loads of laundry (one of which is still in the dryer and another is still in the washer. D'oh!) and clean the filthy kitchen disaster.

It was a fun(ish) weekend, for sure but today I am miserable. I've never really been hungover but I imagine this must be a little bit what it feels like--splitting headache, blurry vision, dizzy, sensitive to light and sounds, difficulty processing other people's words. The only thing I'm missing is the vomit. lol Not complaining about that, though.

So I survived a little worse for the wear. No rest for the wicked, though. I have to work next Saturday and can't take off any this week to make up for it. *sob* I guess I can always rest when I'm dead, right?

Comments

Heather said…
Okay, I'm exhausted just reading this. Adorable pic!
Jana said…
I'm still exhausted. I did manage to sort of finish the laundry last night. Got the load out of the dryer and hung up and put the towels INTO the dryer. Unfortunately they'll probably still be in there come the weekend. haha
Heather said…
That's the thing about apartment living - if I leave laundry in the dryer for a week, it's liable to disappear. Or end up on the dirty floor.
Jana said…
Oy! I'd never make it in apartment living. :-/

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today