Manageable, what?
Ya'll.
I had an angry cry last night when I came home. Like, a full on southern style hissy fitted angry cry.
It wasn't pretty. Not that I can "pretty" cry ever. But an angry cry? Disgusting.
Why all the fuss? Well, you may recall how excited I was to talk to the power company about that tree in my yard and how they'd promised to cut up the trunk into manageable pieces after they disposed of the limbs and other smaller junk.
Guess I shoulda asked him to define manageable. Cause this?
Not so manageable.
Or maybe it would be if I were, I dunno, The Incredible Hulk maybe???
*sigh*
Notice, please, how thoroughly they cut through this ginormous tree trunk:
So, I'm just, what? Supposed to use my magical powers to move this mess?
There's only maybe three chunks that I might be able to move on my own. And that'll be a stretch.
Exhibit A: My size 8 flip flop for scale.
Man, those wrappers don't lie. I was all up in some almond studded Joy. (I only ate one, thankyouverymuch.)
Except, you can kinda see the mascara smudges under my eyes from my earlier angry cry. Also, you can see the crazy IN my eyes. Oops! I don't normally let that junk show!
Then I laughed through Melissa and Joey on ABCFamily and sort of lounged through Dallas on TNT and had to record School Spirits (Syfy) because all that angry crying and joy eating had done wore me out. Plus that was some scary stuff on that there show. Not something that I wanted to watch before sleepy time.
And now it's Thursday and I'm exhausted, headachy and just plain old tired. And a couple of researchers who've been here all day every day this week are wearing on my nerves. Chatty McChattersons, they are. I ate a bagel at break and it helped but, *deep sigh* I think I'm just about up to here *points to eyeballs* with life right now.
Cry ya'll a river. I know, right? ;-)
Tomorrow, though, will (God willing) be a better day. I'm taking off at 10am to go play with my kiddos. Lyssa starts school next Tuesday so the time is drawing near when I won't see much of her when I'm off on a weekday. We'll bake cookies and play. Maybe go to Micky D's for nuggets and apple slices and play in the recently renovated play place. Maybe stop at Sonic for some ice cream cones. You know. Just have fun.
But then I hafta work a few hours Saturday. *sob*
Edited to add: The other crappy parts of the week? I had two Cokes stolen in two days from my stash in the staff lounge. I know they're just Cokes but being stolen from, period, leaves me feeling victimized. It's just a Coke, I know, but they were MY Cokes. I bought them. I trustingly left them in what was supposed to be a safe place and somebody TOOK them. It's that blatant disrgard for one of the most basic commandments--not to mention social graces--leaves a body feeling very violated and vulnerable. Mama's friend had a Coke stolen, too. So it wasn't just me who was being stolen from. And whoever it was was fairly brazen because the second one they stole from me had my name on it!
So. I packed up my stash and took it home. From now on, I'm bringing one at a time and hiding it in my lunch bag. So far, whoever the thief is hasn't stooped to going through folks' lunchbags. I had my stash in the crisper drawer where anyone peering into the fridge could see it.
That's the so-called skinny of what's happening with me these days.
Happy Friday Eve! :-D
I had an angry cry last night when I came home. Like, a full on southern style hissy fitted angry cry.
It wasn't pretty. Not that I can "pretty" cry ever. But an angry cry? Disgusting.
Why all the fuss? Well, you may recall how excited I was to talk to the power company about that tree in my yard and how they'd promised to cut up the trunk into manageable pieces after they disposed of the limbs and other smaller junk.
Guess I shoulda asked him to define manageable. Cause this?
Not so manageable.
Or maybe it would be if I were, I dunno, The Incredible Hulk maybe???
*sigh*
Notice, please, how thoroughly they cut through this ginormous tree trunk:
So, I'm just, what? Supposed to use my magical powers to move this mess?
There's only maybe three chunks that I might be able to move on my own. And that'll be a stretch.
Exhibit A: My size 8 flip flop for scale.
So yeah. Angry cry.
I ranted and raved and cried and fussed and mentally and verbally practiced every scathing thing I planned on saying to them when next I called.
Then I sat in my recliner and fumed for a good while before cooking and eating supper. While I was cooking, rational thought crept in. "Well, maybe they're not done. Surely they'll be back."
So I set my anger aside and decided to let it go for now. Besides, I have to remember that this isn't the end of the world. Nobody died. It's just a tree. So. Yeah. Behave like a rational and Christian woman, Jana.
I'm giving them til Monday to finish and then I'll call back and really lay it on thick how helpless I am and how I have no man to take care of me. I have no qualms playing the damsel in distress if it means I don't have to shell out any dough to get their mess cleaned up. I've never claimed to be a feminist. At least not to the point of shooting myself in the foot. ;)
Supper, btw, was Pioneer Woman's Marlboro Man Sandwich. Except I used pork cubed steaks instead of beef and I put it in a pita half instead of on a thick sandwich roll. Also ate Brussels sprouts. No pictures of that, though. By the time I ate, I was too hungry to worry with photography.
I will say, though, that this was my first time fixing this sammy and I'm with Marlboro Man on this one. That mess was GOOOOOD. Definitely a new favorite.
Then just because I needed some joy...
Man, those wrappers don't lie. I was all up in some almond studded Joy. (I only ate one, thankyouverymuch.)
Except, you can kinda see the mascara smudges under my eyes from my earlier angry cry. Also, you can see the crazy IN my eyes. Oops! I don't normally let that junk show!
Then I laughed through Melissa and Joey on ABCFamily and sort of lounged through Dallas on TNT and had to record School Spirits (Syfy) because all that angry crying and joy eating had done wore me out. Plus that was some scary stuff on that there show. Not something that I wanted to watch before sleepy time.
And now it's Thursday and I'm exhausted, headachy and just plain old tired. And a couple of researchers who've been here all day every day this week are wearing on my nerves. Chatty McChattersons, they are. I ate a bagel at break and it helped but, *deep sigh* I think I'm just about up to here *points to eyeballs* with life right now.
Cry ya'll a river. I know, right? ;-)
Tomorrow, though, will (God willing) be a better day. I'm taking off at 10am to go play with my kiddos. Lyssa starts school next Tuesday so the time is drawing near when I won't see much of her when I'm off on a weekday. We'll bake cookies and play. Maybe go to Micky D's for nuggets and apple slices and play in the recently renovated play place. Maybe stop at Sonic for some ice cream cones. You know. Just have fun.
But then I hafta work a few hours Saturday. *sob*
Edited to add: The other crappy parts of the week? I had two Cokes stolen in two days from my stash in the staff lounge. I know they're just Cokes but being stolen from, period, leaves me feeling victimized. It's just a Coke, I know, but they were MY Cokes. I bought them. I trustingly left them in what was supposed to be a safe place and somebody TOOK them. It's that blatant disrgard for one of the most basic commandments--not to mention social graces--leaves a body feeling very violated and vulnerable. Mama's friend had a Coke stolen, too. So it wasn't just me who was being stolen from. And whoever it was was fairly brazen because the second one they stole from me had my name on it!
So. I packed up my stash and took it home. From now on, I'm bringing one at a time and hiding it in my lunch bag. So far, whoever the thief is hasn't stooped to going through folks' lunchbags. I had my stash in the crisper drawer where anyone peering into the fridge could see it.
That's the so-called skinny of what's happening with me these days.
Happy Friday Eve! :-D








Comments
Also, methinks something should be said about the thief. If this person is stealing sodas, what is to stop him/her from stealing other, pricier items?
Everyone who regularly uses the lounge is aware of the Coke situation. I was fairly loud about it. lol So far, thank God, none of our microwaves have walked out. ;-D Although, last weekend the library was gearing up for an event so the event crew had packed and iced a couple of coolers of soft drinks...someone took BOTH COOLERS. Just walked 'em right out the door.