Stuff of Nightmares
So. The fall season of new shows has already begun for some shows and since I have no life, this is a really happy occasion for me. So far I've tried out three new shows on NBC--Go On, New Normal, and Revolution. The first two are both mediocre comedies I'll probably get by without ever watching again. They weren't bad, just not exceptional. I don't think I really laughed out loud during either of them. So I'd give them both a solid Meh.
Revolution, unlike the other two, is NOT a comedy. It is a sort of disaster type drama about what happens when the world loses all sources of electricity and energy. Like, batteries don't even work. Nor do engines of planes, trains and automobiles. For serious. The world us plunged quite suddenly into the Dark Ages. haha
This show is one of those brain twisters, much like Lost, so I'm willing to give it a chance. But ya'll...that stuff scared the CRAP outta me. Like...I had actual nightmares. It's like back when I was watching all those shows on the History Channel about what will happen to the earth after humans disappear. The imagery is much the same, with overgrown amusement parks, abandoned vehicles in the middle of nowhere. Empty roads and dilapidated buildings. Also reminds me of the Will Smith film, I Am Legend. Except without all the scary scary monsters.
The idea of the world changing so drastically so suddenly makes "how would I even survive without all these luxuries I take for granted" fear kick in and it scares the ever lovin' crap outta me.
You know, we take so much of our easy living for granted and have become so reliant upon technology for every aspect of our lives that I don't think most of us would have any IDEA what to do if it were all suddenly just *poof* gone. I know I wouldn't. I don't even thing the writers of this show have even thought of just exactly EVERYTHING that comes from technology and electricity.
Think about it. Think about every aspect of your life. Clothes. Food. Feminine products. Childbirth. Medicine. Even things like having matches to start a fire. I know I need them. Do boy scouts even learn how to start a fire without matches anymore? Not to mention things like toilet paper and indoor plumbing. Bathing. Brushing your teeth. I mean, it's not like they can manufacture toothpaste without electricity and machines, right?
All of the primitive technology that was used for things like photography and printing--if it's even survived, would anyone now know how to use it??
So yes. Revolution gave me nightmares. I woke up one time in a complete panic about it. And then I dreamed that I was stuck in this house by myself with no electricity, hadn't seen my family for years because, hello. No cars? And suddenly...The phone! It rings! I'm all, but the phone doesn't work. (and landline phone, btw.) So I answer it, all trembly voice thinking surely I'm dreaming. And who's on the other line but Emmy! She tells me that they've finally figured out the problem after FIFTEEN YEARS and she hopes to be able to see me soon. And that's when I woke up.
So. Will I watch Revolution again? Probably. Mostly because of Billy Burke, though. haha
Revolution, unlike the other two, is NOT a comedy. It is a sort of disaster type drama about what happens when the world loses all sources of electricity and energy. Like, batteries don't even work. Nor do engines of planes, trains and automobiles. For serious. The world us plunged quite suddenly into the Dark Ages. haha
This show is one of those brain twisters, much like Lost, so I'm willing to give it a chance. But ya'll...that stuff scared the CRAP outta me. Like...I had actual nightmares. It's like back when I was watching all those shows on the History Channel about what will happen to the earth after humans disappear. The imagery is much the same, with overgrown amusement parks, abandoned vehicles in the middle of nowhere. Empty roads and dilapidated buildings. Also reminds me of the Will Smith film, I Am Legend. Except without all the scary scary monsters.
The idea of the world changing so drastically so suddenly makes "how would I even survive without all these luxuries I take for granted" fear kick in and it scares the ever lovin' crap outta me.
You know, we take so much of our easy living for granted and have become so reliant upon technology for every aspect of our lives that I don't think most of us would have any IDEA what to do if it were all suddenly just *poof* gone. I know I wouldn't. I don't even thing the writers of this show have even thought of just exactly EVERYTHING that comes from technology and electricity.
Think about it. Think about every aspect of your life. Clothes. Food. Feminine products. Childbirth. Medicine. Even things like having matches to start a fire. I know I need them. Do boy scouts even learn how to start a fire without matches anymore? Not to mention things like toilet paper and indoor plumbing. Bathing. Brushing your teeth. I mean, it's not like they can manufacture toothpaste without electricity and machines, right?
All of the primitive technology that was used for things like photography and printing--if it's even survived, would anyone now know how to use it??
So yes. Revolution gave me nightmares. I woke up one time in a complete panic about it. And then I dreamed that I was stuck in this house by myself with no electricity, hadn't seen my family for years because, hello. No cars? And suddenly...The phone! It rings! I'm all, but the phone doesn't work. (and landline phone, btw.) So I answer it, all trembly voice thinking surely I'm dreaming. And who's on the other line but Emmy! She tells me that they've finally figured out the problem after FIFTEEN YEARS and she hopes to be able to see me soon. And that's when I woke up.
So. Will I watch Revolution again? Probably. Mostly because of Billy Burke, though. haha
Comments
I thought about previewing Revolution, but as it conflicts with Castle, I gave it a pass. It does sound very Jericho, though. One I was really interested in seeing, Chicago Fire, conflicts with my regular Wed 9pm program.
I have thought about checking out Vegas at 9 Tues, Elementary Thurs at 9, and Last Resort Thurs at 7 (though that conflicts with Big Bang Theory, but I think I can watch that online the next day).
I'm probably going to give Vegas a shot. Isn't that the one with Dennis Quaid and Michael Chikliss? Yeah. I'm probably going to give it a go. For right now Chicago fire conflicts with Paranormal Witness and by the time PW wraps for the season I'll be too lost to pick up CF. *shrugs* Might give Last Resort a look, though. The previews look interesting.
Of course, a worse thought would be having to use the books I'd already read as kindling. *Shudder*
I had to record Castle last night while I went across to Sherrie's to watch the Packers/Seahawks game. Packers got robbed! I might have to forego MASH tonight in order to watch Castle before NCIS
I think something like that whole publisher refusal thing must've happened to the Tori O'Shae series because there hasn't been a new one in a few years. I'm still a little depressed about that.
Hope Jennie Bently's DIY series doesn't get the ax anytime soon.
I found the first four Torie O'Shea's okay, and since then have found another book near end of the series, but have not seen any others in ages. I think I need a trip to Frugal Muse and Booked For Murder.