Friday, Friday, Where have you been?

Week has been long and frustratingly slow. Except for Tuesday when I was off with Sis2 and Efan and had loads of fun. That went by way too fast.

I did finally get all full up yesterday. After I hit send on my post I went back to Chick-fil-A with "the girls" and got a milkshake. That seemed to do the trick. In fact, it did the trick so well that I didn't want to eat supper. But I had to. Sis1 was cooking at the folks' house and she'd have gotten her feelings hurt if I didn't eat what she offered.

So I ate a moderately sized portion of spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic toast. Bleh. I thought I was going to puke after. Not because it wasn't good, just because I was so miserably full. Instead of puking, I sprawled out on their couch and watched something on RFDTV with them while Sis1 talked on the phone for an hour. *rolls eyes*

Did you know that there is such a thing as RFDTV? You know what RFD is, right? Like, rural hokey stuff. And there is an entire channel devoted to rural hokey stuff! Who'da ever thunk it?

But back to spaghetti. I'm not overly fond of most people's definition of it. All that sauce. Gag. I've never really been a fan of spaghetti sauce/marinara. Or maybe it's just because all I've ever had was the stuff that came from jars. Which last night's offerings did. When I make spaghetti at home, I use a bit of Italian spiced tomato paste and a can of Italian diced tomatoes. It makes a nice rich un-jarred tasting sauce but it's also not so thick and heavy. It lightly coats the noodles and meat. I also add in some diced onion and if I'm feeling particularly wild, I'll add some fresh sliced mushrooms and a few diced bell peppers.

But in general, I can live without spaghetti. Good thing I'm not Italian, huh?

Anyway, I do declare I have the best friends. E and A (aka "the girls") ran over to Chick-fil-A early this morning while I was stuck on the ref. desk and instead of completely excluding me, E brought me back a chicken biscuit. She's so funny, too, because when she brought it to our reading room, she handed me one of the big brown campus mail envelopes we use for across campus mailing. It was all buldge-y and I was all, "What the heck?" She had stuffed the bag with my biscuit in there to disguise it so I wouldn't get in trouble. lol (Food is not allowed in our area. And no--I didn't eat it at the desk or even open the bag. I waited until break, thankyouverymuch.) She had a good laugh at the expression on my face when I realized what it was. But that was so sweet that she thought to include me even when I couldn't actually be included.

That there was a good biscuit, too. ;-)

And in case you're interested in a little TMI, on my way home from work yesterday I did actually contemplate stripping off my bra and blouse while sitting at a red light. I didn't actually strip but I was seriously considering it. Yesterday was rather warm and after I finally filled up on that milkshake my  whole body felt bloated and just wrong. My clothes were not my friends.

But how funny would it have been if I'd decided to drive home topless?  Cover your eyes!

And just so you don't get stuck with THAT mental image all weekend, I'll leave you with these scenes from Tuesday.

Yes, we were totally those people taking photos during their lunch at the Applebee's. We're so gaggy.



We picked Lyssa up from school. Ignore that weird line across the middle. Sis2 has a cracked windshield. :-/


Sis2 ALSO has the sweetest little girl in all the world. Well, the sweetest little girl I know. ;-)


I can't show you the cuter pics of Efan because the boy ran around in his underwear until we got dressed for lunch and somehow I just don't think he'd appreciate his undies floating around the www.

In other news, I still can't spell spaghetti without the help of spell check.

The end.

Comments

Heather said…
How can you not like spaghetti? I often make it at home, and love Prego's sauce. Although I had pasta this weekend, it did not come with marinara or alfredo. We did Olive Garden Saturday and I tried their new lemon herb chicken. It was okay. I liked the chicken and the veggie medley, but really missed my usual alfredo sauce smothering the pasta.

Which reminds me...I forgot to check that jar of leftover sauce in my fridge before I took trash out tonight. Oops. Will have to do that.
JenMarie said…
I'm with Heather...I can't imagine not liking spaghetti. I have it about once a week. Sometimes I cook up some chicken tenders in a sauce pan and spoon warm marinara sauce over it. My favorite? Ragu, roasted garlic flavor. hehe
Jana said…
I don't HATE it. Obviously I'll eat it. It's just not my first choice. I prefer alfredo. I could eat THAT right out of the jar with a spoon. haha

Heather said…
Mmm...alfredo. We always ask for a side dish of that at Olive garden for dipping breadsticks. Yum!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today