Weekend Review: The Lazy Girl Edition
Imagine that. Me. Lazy. Bet you'd have never guessed I could behave in such a manner.
*snort*
Whatevs.
I took it really easy this weekend. After the busy-ness of last weekend followed by the body trauma (ugh) I was really wrung out by Saturday. Last week was just a total blah of blahness.
After work Friday, Mama and I met up with Sis2 to deliver some maroon and white pom poms. Our little college town was having a harvest/halloween kiddie festival downtown and Lyssa was going as a cheerleader but she only had one pom. Nana to the rescue!
And since our evening was already running late, we decided to stop at...wait for it...Sonic for supper. I went home with a big beefy, cheesy, bacon-y cheeseburger and made it with it like a starving girl. YUM.
I know, I know. Whatever.
I'm not sure what I did after that except for Haven on Syfy at 9pm. I can't miss my Nate, donchaknow.
Saturday I slept in till *gasp* 6:45am when I finally dragged my tired butt outta bed and into town for groceries. I made a quick trip of it and managed to not spend another $15 of my grocery budget. I'm up to $35 in my "new towels" fund. I told ya'll about that, right?
Then it was off to pick up breakfast atSonic Hardee's. I needed a chicken biscuit. Plus, I'm trying to break up my routine ever since the car hop at Sonic started recognizing my voice over the intercom when I ordered. She was shocked the first time I ordered something other than a jr. breakfast burrito after four straight months of breakfast burritos. That was my cue that I was in toooooo far a rut, breakfast-wise. So, to break things up, I go to a different place each week. Although, I'm kinda leery of McD's since an old high school classmate now works there. It's too weird. And when I DO go to Sonic, I try to rotate out my orders.
I'm so complex. :-/
So anyway, I dropped off a months worth of recycling and then headed home. Soaked up some Pioneer Woman on Food Network, baked some bread, dropped a couple loads of laundry in and then parked my butt on the loveseat in front of Vampire Diaries Season three, disc three--3.5 solid hours of sexy Damon. Mmmmm mmmmmm goooooooood.
Well, I did break it up in between episodes with trips to go potty, get water, make coffee, take Libs out, etc. You know, little necessary things.
I tried watching a "scary" movie on Syfy Saturday night but the only thing scary about it was how incredibly LAME it was. Haunted High. Don't bother. It's stoopid. THEN, I flipped it over to watch the "updated" version of Steel Magnolias on Lifetime. I'll review THAT later.
Sunday, of course, I went to church. It poured down rain just as I got ready to leave but was done by the time I got there. A fifteen minute storm. Church was good. Don't steal, cheat or lie. Be kind. Love one another. Be slow to anger.
Testimony time, re: the whole steal/cheat thing. When I was grocery shopping Saturday morning I was picking out apples. Until the Internet, I never knew there were so many KINDS of apples. All I'd ever had were either Red Delicious or Granny Smith. So I had a hankering to try some honeycrisp because I was pretty sure I'd never tried any and the name "Honeycrisp" just sounds so refreshing. But they were $2.27 per pound. A little outrageous for an apple. I'd already bagged up a few Gala apples @ $1.27 per pound and for a split second I almost cheated and threw a Honeycrisp in with the Gala's because they never check each apple. They just enter in the first apple they see and then weigh the bag. I figured, you know, what's one apple at half the cost? I actually had the apple in the bag and then...I just couldn't do it. I knew it was cheating even if it wasn't outright stealing. And I'd probably be punished for it by them picking the more expensive Honeycrisp to enter instead of the cheaper Gala. So I took it out, bagged it separately and thanked God for convicting me. The sermon about stealing/cheating sorta hit me where it hurt because I'd been sorely tempted to do just that.
*deep breath* ;)
After church I (of course) went to the folks' house. Daddy cooked up some venison steaks and Mama fried some okra. Yum and yum. Good southern dietary goodness. haha
Then as I got up from the table I stepped on. another. freaking. dead. LIZARD. I swear, I think Milo either loves me and thinks I like those kinds of gifts or he hates me and wants me to stop coming over.
Blech.
I can still feel the cold clammy wet on my toes. *shudders*
With that trauma under my belt, I ditched Milo (and Daddy) and went with Mama to visit her folks. Maw-maw's birthday was yesterday so we took her a cake on Sunday. She's 112. haha Just kidding. She's only like 75 or something. She spent the visit cracking pecans. So glad I went over. lol Paw-Paw H. has been in and out of the hospital recently with various problems so I needed to go see him anyway. I hadn't been over there since May, I think. Which makes me feel bad. I'm a horrible grandchild.
Once we left there, we went back to MY folks' house and Mama made me eat the rest of the ice cream left over from Sis2's birthday last weekend. She MADE ME, ya'll. Fortunately (unfortunately?) it was only a small bowl full left so it's not like I ate half a carton or something. And most of the "rocks" were gone, leaving me with mostly "road." The rocks are the best part. *pout*
I did not go to church Sunday night because I just didn't want to. I can't say why other than I had had my fill of people and needed to be at home alone to recharge.
Then a freaking tornado blew across the state and all it knocked out was the first twenty minutes of Once Upon a Time. And actually, it was the dumb repetitive meteorologist who did that. He was obsessed with rotations and junk that weren't even on the ground.
THEN, he interrupted the first twenty minutes of Revenge to tell us over and over that the rotations had dissipated but that they HAD actually been there. Apparently he thought we didn't believe they'd ever existed?
I remember when I was a kid the only warning we ever got of a possible tornado was the crawl across the bottom of the screen. Now they think you need a play-by-freaking-play every time it thunders. *sigh*
Guess they gotta make all that expensive technology pay for itself, huh?
So yesterday, having survived the rotations that may or may not have existed, I came to work and probably worked. I don't really remember. I think I blacked out at some point and worked on autopilot.
Then last night I tried making corndog muffins (hotdogs stuffed inside cornmuffin batter) and ended up digging the dogs out because the cornbread was nasty. Libby liked it, though, so there's that. ;-)
Watched Switched at Birth and Major Crimes and then went to bed.
Oh what a glamorous (lizard filled) life I lead.
*snort*
Whatevs.
I took it really easy this weekend. After the busy-ness of last weekend followed by the body trauma (ugh) I was really wrung out by Saturday. Last week was just a total blah of blahness.
After work Friday, Mama and I met up with Sis2 to deliver some maroon and white pom poms. Our little college town was having a harvest/halloween kiddie festival downtown and Lyssa was going as a cheerleader but she only had one pom. Nana to the rescue!
And since our evening was already running late, we decided to stop at...wait for it...Sonic for supper. I went home with a big beefy, cheesy, bacon-y cheeseburger and made it with it like a starving girl. YUM.
I know, I know. Whatever.
I'm not sure what I did after that except for Haven on Syfy at 9pm. I can't miss my Nate, donchaknow.
Saturday I slept in till *gasp* 6:45am when I finally dragged my tired butt outta bed and into town for groceries. I made a quick trip of it and managed to not spend another $15 of my grocery budget. I'm up to $35 in my "new towels" fund. I told ya'll about that, right?
Then it was off to pick up breakfast at
I'm so complex. :-/
So anyway, I dropped off a months worth of recycling and then headed home. Soaked up some Pioneer Woman on Food Network, baked some bread, dropped a couple loads of laundry in and then parked my butt on the loveseat in front of Vampire Diaries Season three, disc three--3.5 solid hours of sexy Damon. Mmmmm mmmmmm goooooooood.
Well, I did break it up in between episodes with trips to go potty, get water, make coffee, take Libs out, etc. You know, little necessary things.
I tried watching a "scary" movie on Syfy Saturday night but the only thing scary about it was how incredibly LAME it was. Haunted High. Don't bother. It's stoopid. THEN, I flipped it over to watch the "updated" version of Steel Magnolias on Lifetime. I'll review THAT later.
Sunday, of course, I went to church. It poured down rain just as I got ready to leave but was done by the time I got there. A fifteen minute storm. Church was good. Don't steal, cheat or lie. Be kind. Love one another. Be slow to anger.
Testimony time, re: the whole steal/cheat thing. When I was grocery shopping Saturday morning I was picking out apples. Until the Internet, I never knew there were so many KINDS of apples. All I'd ever had were either Red Delicious or Granny Smith. So I had a hankering to try some honeycrisp because I was pretty sure I'd never tried any and the name "Honeycrisp" just sounds so refreshing. But they were $2.27 per pound. A little outrageous for an apple. I'd already bagged up a few Gala apples @ $1.27 per pound and for a split second I almost cheated and threw a Honeycrisp in with the Gala's because they never check each apple. They just enter in the first apple they see and then weigh the bag. I figured, you know, what's one apple at half the cost? I actually had the apple in the bag and then...I just couldn't do it. I knew it was cheating even if it wasn't outright stealing. And I'd probably be punished for it by them picking the more expensive Honeycrisp to enter instead of the cheaper Gala. So I took it out, bagged it separately and thanked God for convicting me. The sermon about stealing/cheating sorta hit me where it hurt because I'd been sorely tempted to do just that.
*deep breath* ;)
After church I (of course) went to the folks' house. Daddy cooked up some venison steaks and Mama fried some okra. Yum and yum. Good southern dietary goodness. haha
Then as I got up from the table I stepped on. another. freaking. dead. LIZARD. I swear, I think Milo either loves me and thinks I like those kinds of gifts or he hates me and wants me to stop coming over.
Blech.
I can still feel the cold clammy wet on my toes. *shudders*
With that trauma under my belt, I ditched Milo (and Daddy) and went with Mama to visit her folks. Maw-maw's birthday was yesterday so we took her a cake on Sunday. She's 112. haha Just kidding. She's only like 75 or something. She spent the visit cracking pecans. So glad I went over. lol Paw-Paw H. has been in and out of the hospital recently with various problems so I needed to go see him anyway. I hadn't been over there since May, I think. Which makes me feel bad. I'm a horrible grandchild.
Once we left there, we went back to MY folks' house and Mama made me eat the rest of the ice cream left over from Sis2's birthday last weekend. She MADE ME, ya'll. Fortunately (unfortunately?) it was only a small bowl full left so it's not like I ate half a carton or something. And most of the "rocks" were gone, leaving me with mostly "road." The rocks are the best part. *pout*
I did not go to church Sunday night because I just didn't want to. I can't say why other than I had had my fill of people and needed to be at home alone to recharge.
Then a freaking tornado blew across the state and all it knocked out was the first twenty minutes of Once Upon a Time. And actually, it was the dumb repetitive meteorologist who did that. He was obsessed with rotations and junk that weren't even on the ground.
THEN, he interrupted the first twenty minutes of Revenge to tell us over and over that the rotations had dissipated but that they HAD actually been there. Apparently he thought we didn't believe they'd ever existed?
I remember when I was a kid the only warning we ever got of a possible tornado was the crawl across the bottom of the screen. Now they think you need a play-by-freaking-play every time it thunders. *sigh*
Guess they gotta make all that expensive technology pay for itself, huh?
So yesterday, having survived the rotations that may or may not have existed, I came to work and probably worked. I don't really remember. I think I blacked out at some point and worked on autopilot.
Then last night I tried making corndog muffins (hotdogs stuffed inside cornmuffin batter) and ended up digging the dogs out because the cornbread was nasty. Libby liked it, though, so there's that. ;-)
Watched Switched at Birth and Major Crimes and then went to bed.
Oh what a glamorous (lizard filled) life I lead.
Comments
Also, even if it's not threatening your specific town, if it's within their viewing area they are obligated to cover it. Happens here all the time when the severe stuff is up by the Wis. Dells, and no chance of affecting us. Annoying, but I get it.
I'm glad your weekend was more relaxing than last weekend. I'll look forward to hearing what you thought of the steel Magnolias remake, since I do not have cable. I know it had a good cast, but still...I don't see any way to improve on the original.
BTW, did you love the honeycrisp? They're my favorite. Just a bit tart, and sweet. They stay hard forever, too. THey're probably the most resiliant apple. They just last so long.
Funny about Sonic knowing you. Breakfast burritos sound soooo good!
Heather~I understand all that mess about weather and responsibility and junk but when they go on and on and ON repeatedly with nothing new or exciting to report, it is a PITA. You just get the feeling that they're enjoying playing with their fancy radar stuff just a little too much. Besides, if you're in the affected area HOPEFULLY you're in your "safe place" and won't be watching the televison anyway. ;-)