Weekend Review: Sis2's Birthday Party Edition

So. Friday night was Chick-fil-A supper (I had a coupon for a free sandwich) and a Vampire Diaries Season 3, disc 2 marathon. Actually, I only watched three of the five episodes because I had to watch Haven at nine on Syfy. ;-) But then I dozed off and missed half of Haven. I hate it when I do that. But you know me. Past 9pm I'm no good to anybody. I should have just recorded it and went to bed.

Saturday morning I got up even earlier than usual to go to town for groceries. Sis2 and her family were coming out to the country for the day and she'd said they'd be there early. I made it home by 7:30 but then decided to make the banana bread I'd promised Sis2 and that took an hour and a half. I guess I should have made muffins instead of bread. Muffins bake up faster.

So that put me getting to the folks around 10am anyway. Sis2 and the kids had been there since 8:30. Not that anyone bothered to call and tell me that.

The day with the family was mostly fun. I played with the kids and we ate smoked Boston Butt for lunch and did the whole cake thing. Goofus stayed pretty much planted on the couch watching football. (Our team won! We're, like, 5 for 5 now, or something like that. Undefeated is all I really know. haha)

I spent a lot of time texting Emmy and Sis1, too. I don't have texting on my own phone but Mama recently got an iPhone 4 (for free!) and got texting on it. Since the two Alabama girls couldn't be there for the "party" they texted off and on all day. And since Mama was busy, I was the one punching out the replies and sending silly self portraits and videos of blowing out candles.

I gotta admit, that whole texting photos and videos thing is really tempting. I've never been one who thought I'd like all that texting stuff. And it can be annoying. After a while I was just like, "Please. I'd like to enjoy the company of those who are actually present." but it was also cool because we were able to include Emmy and Sis1 in the activities even though they couldn't be there.

Don't look for me to run out and get an iPhone or whatever anytime soon. For one thing, my current contract still has another year on it. But also, I kind of like not being glued to a technological device 24/7. It was fun(ish) for a day but other than that? No thanks. At least not for now. Maybe someday. Like I said. It was rather tempting.

Anyway, by late Saturday I wasn't really feeling all that well. In a possible case of TMI, (close your eyes any boy lurkers) I was starting to cramp really badly. I don't usually have problems with that but occasionally it hits me like a ton of bricks and makes me utterly fetal position miserable.

I went home around eight and was pretty much miserable all that night and all day Sunday. I didn't even go to church, like, at all. I stayed in my nightgown, bundled up in a blanket on the couch all day. Libby is a terrible nursemaid, btw. She kept bothering me with needing belly rubs and ear scratching. Her FAVORITE trick, though, was to jump right onto my abdomen. Nice, right? Except not.

I still didn't feel a 100% yesterday but I dragged myself to work anyway. I was thisclose to calling in sick but I knew one other staff was already going to be out and if I'd called in sick the department would have been really shorthanded. It's hell being a responsible employee. hehehe I did feel better as the day went on, though, so I'm glad I went ahead and came in.

Still a little achy this morning. It sort of feels like my abdomen got beat up from the inside and is really tender. Not really cramping anymore just sort of, I dunno, recuperating? from the violence of the cramps. Does that make any sense? Do you want me to stop talking about this now? lol
\
So anyway, that was what the weekend was like. How was yours?

Comments

Heather said…
Sorry you got sick during your sister's party. I hope you're feeling better soon!
Jana said…
Thanks. I'm mostly feeling better--on that front anyway. Now I'm all dizzy and headachey. Not sure what's up with that. Good thing I don't have to drive today! lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today