What. The. Heck.
I think my student assistant just told me that he is surprised that I've actually been working. Not sure how I feel about that.
:-D
I DO actually work when at work, FYI.Usually. Just sometimes some projects get put on the back burner because of reasons and some of the tasks I really dislike doing *cough*reading newspapers*cough* get sort of a little not done as quickly as it could be. Even doing it daily, sometimes, yeah, I drag my feet on the newspapers in favor of other things.
What he REALLY probably meant was, "Thank you for giving ME more work to do" (sarcastically of course) since my recent dedication to getting those stupid newspapers read and checked directly co-relates to him having more newspapers to clip, photocopy, label and file which means HE has less time to goof off.
I was an evil genius and didn't even know it. haha
I was merely trying to get a leg up on cleaning out the newspaper closet since those dag-blasted things multiply like rabbits.
Anyway, now that I've been subtly insulted, I can move on with my day.
So. Fact: I would make a terrible spy because I can't do anything on the sly without getting caught.
Like the walking thing? Yesterday I made the extra effort to walk around to the front entrance in order to avoid A but instead of taking the elevators in the back hallway, I took the ones in the front. And guess who was walking past the front elevators just as I stepped off on my floor?
*headdesk*
Yep. A was bringing some crap up to reshelve and was all, "Hey, did you go walking?" and made a face when I said yes. So I sort of maybe lied? And said, "I would have asked you to join but I didn't want you to feel obligated." She was all, "Well if walking's what you're going to do then I'll be happy to join." I lied and said, "Good. Thanks"
:-/
So we're ALL going walking this afternoon. Which will be fun anyway so I don't really mind. But. No more solitary walks unless A and E are both busy. *shrug*
Apparently A and E talked about me behind my back yesterday, too, because this morning A was all, "So if you go walking at 3, E and I will be happy to go with you." I hadn't mentioned anything about it to E so I know they discussed me.
Navigating my life is such a mess.
But back to the stealthy thing...
My lunch was sort of not very filling and when my tummy started to growl I decided to sneak across the road to the vending machine in a neighboring building for a Snickers bar. I didn't want to get all Diva on anybody's butt, yanno. (And we don't have vending machines in the Library. And I only ate half.) But I didn't really want to broadcast that that's what I was up to because, well, because I didn't.
THEN as I'm coming back in the back door E steps off the elevator.
What. the. heck. I just can't hide from anyone anymore.
Not that I'm hiding from my friends. I love my friends. It's just, you know. Sometimes I don't want anyone all up in my business.
Weird since I broadcast pretty much ALL my business up in here. Ya'll are all, "Would you please stop with the TMI already. Just stop."
But I can't see ya'll's faces to witness the judgement on them so it's different. ;-)
Anyway, I just realized that my 2:30 meeting was cancelled so I'm all party like a rockstar up in here right now.
And with that, I'm out. :-D
:-D
I DO actually work when at work, FYI.
What he REALLY probably meant was, "Thank you for giving ME more work to do" (sarcastically of course) since my recent dedication to getting those stupid newspapers read and checked directly co-relates to him having more newspapers to clip, photocopy, label and file which means HE has less time to goof off.
I was an evil genius and didn't even know it. haha
I was merely trying to get a leg up on cleaning out the newspaper closet since those dag-blasted things multiply like rabbits.
Anyway, now that I've been subtly insulted, I can move on with my day.
So. Fact: I would make a terrible spy because I can't do anything on the sly without getting caught.
Like the walking thing? Yesterday I made the extra effort to walk around to the front entrance in order to avoid A but instead of taking the elevators in the back hallway, I took the ones in the front. And guess who was walking past the front elevators just as I stepped off on my floor?
*headdesk*
Yep. A was bringing some crap up to reshelve and was all, "Hey, did you go walking?" and made a face when I said yes. So I sort of maybe lied? And said, "I would have asked you to join but I didn't want you to feel obligated." She was all, "Well if walking's what you're going to do then I'll be happy to join." I lied and said, "Good. Thanks"
:-/
So we're ALL going walking this afternoon. Which will be fun anyway so I don't really mind. But. No more solitary walks unless A and E are both busy. *shrug*
Apparently A and E talked about me behind my back yesterday, too, because this morning A was all, "So if you go walking at 3, E and I will be happy to go with you." I hadn't mentioned anything about it to E so I know they discussed me.
Navigating my life is such a mess.
But back to the stealthy thing...
My lunch was sort of not very filling and when my tummy started to growl I decided to sneak across the road to the vending machine in a neighboring building for a Snickers bar. I didn't want to get all Diva on anybody's butt, yanno. (And we don't have vending machines in the Library. And I only ate half.) But I didn't really want to broadcast that that's what I was up to because, well, because I didn't.
THEN as I'm coming back in the back door E steps off the elevator.
What. the. heck. I just can't hide from anyone anymore.
Not that I'm hiding from my friends. I love my friends. It's just, you know. Sometimes I don't want anyone all up in my business.
Weird since I broadcast pretty much ALL my business up in here. Ya'll are all, "Would you please stop with the TMI already. Just stop."
But I can't see ya'll's faces to witness the judgement on them so it's different. ;-)
Anyway, I just realized that my 2:30 meeting was cancelled so I'm all party like a rockstar up in here right now.
And with that, I'm out. :-D
Comments
Good thing I did three miles yesterday, 'cuz it's raining here again and the temp is starting to drop. It's going to be a COLD Halloween up here.
And now that you mentioned that Snickers bar, I must go in search of a snack myself. Haven't had much to eat today, but don't want to eat too much so late in the day, ya know?
I think it's gonna be a chilly Halloween up here, too. Downright cold this morning. Brrr...
I guess maybe I could just get up and go on my own a few days of the week and spend the other days with them...