No Beach Here
I know I still owe y'all last weekend's report. Hopefully I'll manage it before I die. ;-) Even if ya'll don't care, I do. It was fun and special and I want to record it somewhere.
Anway, this past weekend was actually really dull. Chick-fil-A, Haven, Sonic, Wal-Mart, frozen pizzas, dog hair, church, the folks, Once Upon a Time and Revenge. You know. The usual. I did try rearranging some furniture in the living room but moved it back. It was an epic fail. So epic I didn't even take a photo of it. haha
The thing I want to get all ranty-pants about is this:
Last weekend Sis1 informed us that she and Emmy would not be coming back home for Emmy's birthday weekend (the 17th/18th) because her youth group has a lock-in at church that weekend and she has a sleepover with a friend and some other excuses. Okay, fine. We understand. And with Thanksgiving being the following week, we get it. No biggie. Disappointed, but no biggie.
But then...THEN, Sis1 called me Sunday night during Once Upon a Time (which irked me anyway...) to say that our aunt who owns a condo down in Gulf Shores (Alabama coast) had invited Sis1 and Emmy to go down to the coast with her that weekend and Sis1 said they wanted me to go with them. You know, on the weekend they couldn't come home for Emmy's birthday due to other plans.
Really?
Okay, so I didn't really say much other than, "doubtful due to work junk" (which isn't a lie) but after I hung up with her I got a little steamed. So basically, whatever plans are the most fun get their time and "home" was at the bottom of the list. But as nice as it was to want me to tag along, did she really not think that it wouldn't be a crapstorm on the homefront if we went to the coast after they'd already blown off the family with other plans? It may not matter to her how her family feels but it matters to me.
But to make it just oh-so-better, they wanted me to keep it a secret because the one aunt doesn't want the other aunt to know about it because she doesn't want to feel like she has to invite the other aunt to come with us since they go down there together all the time. What are we? Kindergartners? Seriously?
So no. I was not on board with going with them and to be quite honest, I'm still a little miffed at the whole idea. The sneaking around and basically lying is bad enough. But to go after having already told our family they couldn't come home because of the church plans? Nuh-uh.
So when Sis1 emailed me yesterday she was all "Oh, I hope you didn't get a bad impression after last night" and went on to try to explain the "sneaking around/lying" thing--which still doesn't make sense to me. They are adults, after all. And I'm sure the other aunt wouldn't have assumed that she was invited. Or would really care if we went without her.
I responded as honestly as I could without coming off angry. I explained to her that I felt the whole lying thing was a bad idea and I wasn't comfortable with it. Also pointed out to her how upset the family would be by having been blown off only for them to break the plans they'd blown us off for when something better came along.
I think she knew what I meant and maybe got it. She then admitted that Emmy wanted to stick with their original plans anyway so they probably wouldn't go after all. Then made some more excuses about not coming home because of gas or something. She could have saved that riff because that kinda steamed me all over again. She was planning on using gas to get to the coast! Plus all the eating out we'd be doing, etc. So, ugh. If you don't want to come home, just SAY SO!
I shouldn't be shocked. This is how Sis1 rolls more often than not. I just wish next time she'd leave me out of it.
Anway, this past weekend was actually really dull. Chick-fil-A, Haven, Sonic, Wal-Mart, frozen pizzas, dog hair, church, the folks, Once Upon a Time and Revenge. You know. The usual. I did try rearranging some furniture in the living room but moved it back. It was an epic fail. So epic I didn't even take a photo of it. haha
The thing I want to get all ranty-pants about is this:
Last weekend Sis1 informed us that she and Emmy would not be coming back home for Emmy's birthday weekend (the 17th/18th) because her youth group has a lock-in at church that weekend and she has a sleepover with a friend and some other excuses. Okay, fine. We understand. And with Thanksgiving being the following week, we get it. No biggie. Disappointed, but no biggie.
But then...THEN, Sis1 called me Sunday night during Once Upon a Time (which irked me anyway...) to say that our aunt who owns a condo down in Gulf Shores (Alabama coast) had invited Sis1 and Emmy to go down to the coast with her that weekend and Sis1 said they wanted me to go with them. You know, on the weekend they couldn't come home for Emmy's birthday due to other plans.
Really?
Okay, so I didn't really say much other than, "doubtful due to work junk" (which isn't a lie) but after I hung up with her I got a little steamed. So basically, whatever plans are the most fun get their time and "home" was at the bottom of the list. But as nice as it was to want me to tag along, did she really not think that it wouldn't be a crapstorm on the homefront if we went to the coast after they'd already blown off the family with other plans? It may not matter to her how her family feels but it matters to me.
But to make it just oh-so-better, they wanted me to keep it a secret because the one aunt doesn't want the other aunt to know about it because she doesn't want to feel like she has to invite the other aunt to come with us since they go down there together all the time. What are we? Kindergartners? Seriously?
So no. I was not on board with going with them and to be quite honest, I'm still a little miffed at the whole idea. The sneaking around and basically lying is bad enough. But to go after having already told our family they couldn't come home because of the church plans? Nuh-uh.
So when Sis1 emailed me yesterday she was all "Oh, I hope you didn't get a bad impression after last night" and went on to try to explain the "sneaking around/lying" thing--which still doesn't make sense to me. They are adults, after all. And I'm sure the other aunt wouldn't have assumed that she was invited. Or would really care if we went without her.
I responded as honestly as I could without coming off angry. I explained to her that I felt the whole lying thing was a bad idea and I wasn't comfortable with it. Also pointed out to her how upset the family would be by having been blown off only for them to break the plans they'd blown us off for when something better came along.
I think she knew what I meant and maybe got it. She then admitted that Emmy wanted to stick with their original plans anyway so they probably wouldn't go after all. Then made some more excuses about not coming home because of gas or something. She could have saved that riff because that kinda steamed me all over again. She was planning on using gas to get to the coast! Plus all the eating out we'd be doing, etc. So, ugh. If you don't want to come home, just SAY SO!
I shouldn't be shocked. This is how Sis1 rolls more often than not. I just wish next time she'd leave me out of it.
Comments
But free beach is pretty tempting right about now! :) LOL
This is the perfect time to go down there, I'll give them that. It's still warm enough to enjoy but all the regular tourists are gone. ;-)