Weekend Review: The Icing Down Edition

So. Nothing really all that interesting happened this weekend. I think there was some sort of...I dunno...sporting event that took place one night? But I don't really know anything about that. Sporting events are not my thing.

What I do know is that I actually vacuumed the bedroom carpets Saturday. Yes, I did. Mr. Bissell was all, "What the crap are you doing to me?" with all the dog hair. But really, that's, like, his job so I told him to just suck it up.  Pahahaha

ANYhoo, I also cleaned the kitchen, washed three loads of laundry, swept, grocery shopped and...

Oh yeah! I did do something interesting...I finally took down the little Christmas tree in my bedroom! :-O

I know, right?

Now my bedroom looks all nekkid and desparklized. Imma  hafta come up with something to fill the void now, I guess. A woman's work is never done. ;-)

I also spent a lot of time in between chores with my legs propped up and iced down. Between that and the mega hits of ibuprofen, I was able to walk again by Sunday. I've been getting around fairly well today. But as I'm about to disappear into the stacks again to work on my project, I don't expect this state of events to last long.

While I was all iced down, I squeezed in a couple of DVD's. Anybody else out there have "comfort movies"? I do. I have a handful of them. Movies I watch on rotation to bump me out of the doldrums. Mine are In Her Shoes, See Jane Date, Where the Heart Is, The Family Stone, and The Holiday. I watched In Her Shoes and then dug out a DVD that used to be on the comfort rotation--Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood. Still love that movie.

Hmmm..what else, what else...Yesterday was church and lunch with the folks. Mama made meatloaf, fried okra and butterbeans. Yum and yum. No dessert, though. :-/ Mama spent most of the afternoon on her iPhone checking that social network that shall not be named. I swear she's addicted. So sad. Meanwhile, I was snuggled up with the two pups in my lap and managed to pick a rather yucky tick off of Milo and then I DROPPED IT and we never did find it. Blech. I hate ticks.

Yes, ticks are still alive and active because the weather is being a butthead and won't get cold enough to kill 'em off or at least send them into hibernation. I'm not even joking. The grass in my yard never believed me when I told it Winter had arrived and thus kept growing and the daffodils in the folks'  yard thinks it's spring and have already bloomed. What. *shakes head*

Since whatever that sporting even was was apparently such a big deal that all the regular Sunday night shows rolled over and played dead I watched my Netflixed DVD--A Little Bit of Heaven--a Kate Hudson flick which turned out to be a little bit depressing. Sheesh!

Oh well. The calendar on the computer is screaming at me that it's time to get crackin' in the stacks. So. Yeah. Buh-bye!

Comments

Heather said…
Wow, you were busy! I attempted to do some housework Friday night, honestly. I did two loads of laundry, but although I pulled out the vacuum, I ended up only sucking up the salt by the door so it wouldn't get tracked all over. The reason? I um...ended up with an ice pack wrapped around my foot.

I no sooner hauled out the vacuum when the timer went off, so I went down to put the 2nd load in the dryer. I'd seen some spots of water in front of the washer earlier, and thought I had avoided them, but must have hit one 'cause when I started back up the stairs my foot slipped on the uncarpeted stairs. Ended up bruising my right instep and edge of right hand. It was still a bit swollen and sore Saturday, but was better Sunday.

As for the sporting event...I only saw the last quarter of the Super Bowl (though I was checking the score about every half hour), and that was only because it was running a good hour behind due to a power outage during the 3rd quarter and I was waiting for Elementary to come on. I was rooting for the Ravens and the delay almost cost them the game!
Jana said…
Ouch! Bless your heart! I swear, we should just change our names to "The Ice Pack Sisters." lol I hope your foot and hand feel better soon!
Heather said…
Yes, we're quite a pair, aren't we? The hand didn't bother me until doing a bunch of stapling this afternoon. Foot feels better, so long as I don't press against the injured area. Sure felt good to get home and take my boots off, though. And did I mention that I slid into a door frame Thursday night? Hardwood floors and slipper socks do not mix, lol.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today