Mean Woman Alert: Gut Reaction of a Bitter Woman

I was just reading the comments on a blog I frequent fairly regularly. In the post, the blogger mentioned how she had to run the dishwasher three times yesterday and felt she deserved an award because she hates loading and unloading the dishwasher. In context of her post and her usual humor I thought it was cute.

But the comments. Oh! The comments! All that whining about loading and unloading the dishwasher. "Oh! What a hateful loathsome chore!" and "It's the worst ever!"

If only I were a troll this is what I'd have replied to them all:

"Oh, wah, wah, wah,  you bunch of big babies. I wish my life was that hard. Try washing three loads of dishes by HAND and see how much you hate loading a dishwasher then. Spoiled little brats."

I'm a bitter old woman who's obviously never had the joy misfortune and convenience treachery of owning or operating a dishwasher.

Actually, if I'm being honest, I think the thing I hate about most comments sections of popular blogs is all the brown-nosing and fan-girling that goes on. I mean, you should obviously be supportive of a blogger you enjoy, but holy sheesh! Really? You LOVE absolutely EVERYTHING that blogger has ever done? And OMG you could really be, like, twins because you're, like, so exactly alike?

What. Ever.

I like reading blogs and I have my favorites I read daily because I enjoy their voice/style/whatever. But. That doesn't mean I agree with or love absolutely everything they write or do. So I just don't comment on blogs, usually. And also I usually avoid even READING the comments section.

The one time I did praise a popular blogger in the comments sections I almost threw up after it posted and I read it because I was all, "Ugh! I'm becoming one of THEM!"

OMG! I so totally agree! Loading a dishwasher is so haaaaaarrrrddddd. It's, like, the absolute worst! You're so freaking amazing for hating it to! We should totes be BFF's!

Comments

Heather said…
I had a dishwasher for almost twenty years, but that didn't mean I never had to wash anything again by hand (large pans, anyone?), and I admit there are days I miss that convenience.

I agree, though, that the total "fangirl" posts can be naseating. I do sometimes read other peoples' comments, depending on the post, and may actually comment or add to what someone else said.

Thankfully, I have never been a victim to bashing for being a dissenting voice -- at least, not that I know of--and let's admit it: sometimes it's fun to go against the grain. *g*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today