Hightlights/Lowlights
So lately I've been so darned busy/lazy--if not physically, then mentally if that makes any sense at all--that a few things happened that I didn't have time to blog about. I'm lucky I got to Easter before the 4th of July. haha
Last week I...
~had to bring my car in for repairs. Again. *sigh/sob* Fortunately, it wasn't the alternator as I'd diagnosed it. Instead it was a blown fuse, a faulty wire and a weak battery. Yay. Still cost me a couple hundred smackers but it could have been worse. Honestly, though? I'm just glad to have my stereo back. :-D
Oh yeah. That was the really fun part. The stereo had gone completely dark and silent. As had the interior lights. But who cares about lights when I can't rock out to Miranda Lambert on the way to town/work? Do you know how boring a 45 minute drive is without some beats blasting from my speakers? Let me tell you. It is SUPER boring. For reelz. Plus, when the radio's not blaring you have to hear all sorts car noise. Strange clicks. Odd rumbles. Annoying squeaks. Gah! So glad that traumatic part of my life is OVER.
~got my hair cut and NOBODY NOTICED.
Oh wait. I think I DID mention that one day last week. But it bears repeating. I got my hair cut. This was, like, such a monumental event in my life that I can't believe nobody noticed it for three days! And still, only ONE PERSON has noticed. Seriously. It went from crazy waist-length long to being just below my shoulders.
Granted, most of the time my hair stays pinned up in a bun or a clip or something so to be fair some people probably didn't know how crazy long it had gotten. But my mother sees the long mess every Sunday and she still hasn't noticed. All that bitching everyone has done about my hair getting so insanely long for the past several months and now? Nothing.
Happy thing I cut it for my own happiness and not because I wanted to make anyone ELSE happy because that would have been an epic fail. Much to be said for not really caring what people choose to bitch about. haha
~finally wrapped up one of the committees I'm on. At least I'm crossing my fingers and praying really hard that it's wrapped up for good this time. I though it was wrapped up back in December but it unraveled and started over. Maybe this time it's a done deal. If it falls through this time I may gracefully resign from it. *sigh*
Committees, I've decided, are from Hell. Like, not even really joking. Committees were invented by Satan to drive sane people crazy. I'm on about four OTHER committees and at least two of them (now that this one is done) are about to drive me to drink. They've already driven me to stress eating. Drinking's next, I fear. Also, really testing some friendships. Good reason not to serve on committees with your friends.
This week I...
~Have been enjoying one friend's two week vacation a little too much. Seriously. You're not supposed to be THAT relieved when one of your friends is gone for a while, right? I'm a horrible person.
~Had to convince Mama to take her car in this morning for some epic squealing it was doing. She couldn't hear it, really even though it was, like, seriously loud. (She's going deaf, apparently.) Even when she did randomly catch a hint of it she was convinced it was some of the junk she carts around knocking against each other. But it wasn't. I could hear it when I got out of the car and she drove away. That's the only way I was able to convince her that it needed checking out. Not sure if she's heard back from mechanic, yet, but I'm betting on some thin/faulty break pads. If I'm right, Imma bake myself some cookies. haha
~went to eat Chinese with E and stuffed myself silly. I need to stop randomly doing that sort of thing. But. It was good, we had fun and life's too short to stress over it.
~have busted out the flip-flops, finally! For reelz, it's in the 80's this week and my feet are so happy to be F-R-E-E. haha I know the thing annoy some people and other people say they are bad for a person's feet/legs/back/whatever but the joy they cause my poor little winter suffocated feet is worth whatever criticism I incurr. Plus, flip-flops are easier to remove and beat people with, so there's that.
~ate the most amazing cream cheese filled and chocolate covered pastry I've ever wrapped my lips around. Like, you don't even know how utterly delightful this thing was. I can't even...
You see, this *points to above paragraph* is why I can't lose weight. Well, that and the frequent faceplants into fast food/Starbucks' lattes. *facepalm* I know it's a problem. Just can't figure out how to fix it. I love food and tasty things so much and it makes me happy/relieves the stress. If I could find something calorie free that is as much of an instant perk-up, I'd be all over it.
~waited in the car for nearly an hour yesterday for the dudes to change the oil in Mama's car. Ten minute express oil change my foot. They need to change their advertisement to "We'll get to you when we darn well feel like it." Though, to be fair, there was some sort of hang-up with account associated with the car in front of us that they had to clear up. However, at the ten minute point of that little snafu they should have asked the other car to move out of they way so that they could get to Mama's car while the problem was being cleared up. Barring that, they should have given Mama a deep, deep discount for the wait.
Had it been me driving, after ten minutes had passed and they still hadn't gotten to me? I'd have wheeled out of there so fast and been GONE. I wait for noman mechanic.
~developed a case of mild smart phone envy when E showed up with her first smart phone Monday morning. I still think the things are overrated and junk but I want one anyway. Because I'm still thirteen, apparently. (But Mooooom, everyone else has one.)
~have several lines from that 32 parody stuck in my head because they are so true/funny. Here are just a few:
You're welcome.
Last week I...
~had to bring my car in for repairs. Again. *sigh/sob* Fortunately, it wasn't the alternator as I'd diagnosed it. Instead it was a blown fuse, a faulty wire and a weak battery. Yay. Still cost me a couple hundred smackers but it could have been worse. Honestly, though? I'm just glad to have my stereo back. :-D
Oh yeah. That was the really fun part. The stereo had gone completely dark and silent. As had the interior lights. But who cares about lights when I can't rock out to Miranda Lambert on the way to town/work? Do you know how boring a 45 minute drive is without some beats blasting from my speakers? Let me tell you. It is SUPER boring. For reelz. Plus, when the radio's not blaring you have to hear all sorts car noise. Strange clicks. Odd rumbles. Annoying squeaks. Gah! So glad that traumatic part of my life is OVER.
~got my hair cut and NOBODY NOTICED.
Oh wait. I think I DID mention that one day last week. But it bears repeating. I got my hair cut. This was, like, such a monumental event in my life that I can't believe nobody noticed it for three days! And still, only ONE PERSON has noticed. Seriously. It went from crazy waist-length long to being just below my shoulders.
Granted, most of the time my hair stays pinned up in a bun or a clip or something so to be fair some people probably didn't know how crazy long it had gotten. But my mother sees the long mess every Sunday and she still hasn't noticed. All that bitching everyone has done about my hair getting so insanely long for the past several months and now? Nothing.
Happy thing I cut it for my own happiness and not because I wanted to make anyone ELSE happy because that would have been an epic fail. Much to be said for not really caring what people choose to bitch about. haha
~finally wrapped up one of the committees I'm on. At least I'm crossing my fingers and praying really hard that it's wrapped up for good this time. I though it was wrapped up back in December but it unraveled and started over. Maybe this time it's a done deal. If it falls through this time I may gracefully resign from it. *sigh*
Committees, I've decided, are from Hell. Like, not even really joking. Committees were invented by Satan to drive sane people crazy. I'm on about four OTHER committees and at least two of them (now that this one is done) are about to drive me to drink. They've already driven me to stress eating. Drinking's next, I fear. Also, really testing some friendships. Good reason not to serve on committees with your friends.
This week I...
~Have been enjoying one friend's two week vacation a little too much. Seriously. You're not supposed to be THAT relieved when one of your friends is gone for a while, right? I'm a horrible person.
~Had to convince Mama to take her car in this morning for some epic squealing it was doing. She couldn't hear it, really even though it was, like, seriously loud. (She's going deaf, apparently.) Even when she did randomly catch a hint of it she was convinced it was some of the junk she carts around knocking against each other. But it wasn't. I could hear it when I got out of the car and she drove away. That's the only way I was able to convince her that it needed checking out. Not sure if she's heard back from mechanic, yet, but I'm betting on some thin/faulty break pads. If I'm right, Imma bake myself some cookies. haha
~went to eat Chinese with E and stuffed myself silly. I need to stop randomly doing that sort of thing. But. It was good, we had fun and life's too short to stress over it.
~have busted out the flip-flops, finally! For reelz, it's in the 80's this week and my feet are so happy to be F-R-E-E. haha I know the thing annoy some people and other people say they are bad for a person's feet/legs/back/whatever but the joy they cause my poor little winter suffocated feet is worth whatever criticism I incurr. Plus, flip-flops are easier to remove and beat people with, so there's that.
~ate the most amazing cream cheese filled and chocolate covered pastry I've ever wrapped my lips around. Like, you don't even know how utterly delightful this thing was. I can't even...
You see, this *points to above paragraph* is why I can't lose weight. Well, that and the frequent faceplants into fast food/Starbucks' lattes. *facepalm* I know it's a problem. Just can't figure out how to fix it. I love food and tasty things so much and it makes me happy/relieves the stress. If I could find something calorie free that is as much of an instant perk-up, I'd be all over it.
~waited in the car for nearly an hour yesterday for the dudes to change the oil in Mama's car. Ten minute express oil change my foot. They need to change their advertisement to "We'll get to you when we darn well feel like it." Though, to be fair, there was some sort of hang-up with account associated with the car in front of us that they had to clear up. However, at the ten minute point of that little snafu they should have asked the other car to move out of they way so that they could get to Mama's car while the problem was being cleared up. Barring that, they should have given Mama a deep, deep discount for the wait.
Had it been me driving, after ten minutes had passed and they still hadn't gotten to me? I'd have wheeled out of there so fast and been GONE. I wait for no
~developed a case of mild smart phone envy when E showed up with her first smart phone Monday morning. I still think the things are overrated and junk but I want one anyway. Because I'm still thirteen, apparently. (But Mooooom, everyone else has one.)
~have several lines from that 32 parody stuck in my head because they are so true/funny. Here are just a few:
- I've got wrinkles and acne at the same time. It's miserable.
- You don't know about me, 'cause I'm a recluse.
- My whole body's sore from walking up a staircase.
- I drink because I'm sad now.
- I'll just go to bed because it's 8:00 and I am 32.
You're welcome.
Comments
As for the weather... Sigh. We had a brief teasing of spring this past weekend. Temps around 60 both days, followed by a week of cold rain. Today's high was only 38F. It'll be a while before I wear sandals.
I had to wear regular shoes today in deference to the rain and my feet are crying. haha
I've worn my hair shoulder to chin length since college. I can't do really short, and really long makes me get more headaches. it's getting close to that time of year I'll want to get it up off my neck more, either in a chignon or braided over my shoulder. Then I'll probably trim it back again in the fall, lol.