Zee Cabinets, Zey Are Dun
Room's not finished but here's the cabinets in action, thanks to the my dear ol' daddy.
I'd been slowly working on piecing them together all last week. Between my bum knee and the fact that I lack any powerful tools (Daddy teases me about my "manly" tools) it took me all week just to get one cabinet put mostly together.
Daddy had been sick with bronchitis, though, so I swore up and down I would not ask him to help. Plus, I hate asking for help. It's a single gal thing. Probably. And I didn't ask him. Friday morning, he just rode up on his whitehorse truck, anyway, and saved the day. As usual. It must be exhausting being such a hero. ;-)
We spent probably an hour and half hanging doors, assembling the last cabinet and cracking jokes about how unfair it was that it took me a WEEK to get one cabinet put together and it took him twenty minutes with his powerful cordless screwdriver to do the other.
I marvel at how awesome it must be to be a man and be able to lift a cabinet to standing position with ONE HAND when it took both my hands and lots of grunting to do the same thing with the other cabinet.
*sigh*
I'm all for women's lib and equal rights but it's just a plain ol' fact that there are some things manly men can do that women can't. Well, regular averageJane's Jana's can't, anyway. BUT, one of these years Imma invest in some power tools and take over the world. :-D
More gratuitous cabinetry/room shots:
As I said above, the room's not "done" yet. I still want to add shelves above Libby's bed (between the two cabinets) and hang some wall art above the bookcase. I'm still debating painting the closet doors white but since that's a lot of work I'm thinking probably not. At least not anytime in the near future.
I also need to move all that "sound equipment" from in front of the window and find it a new home. It's a black hole in the room and not all functional where it's at. Also need to finish refinishing the drafting table it's sitting on.
Anyway, I totally and completely am in LOVE with the cabinetry. The room is so much cleaner/neater now, I know where stuff is and can get to it easily. I can Open. The Closet. Doors. Major feat, let me tell ya! Plus, the cabinets open up so much more storage possibility that I didn't have before. I still have three shelves left to fill and room on some of the other shelves that I could add stuff to. I plan on doing some major organizing one of these years. Just not this coming weekend. I'm still having problems with the bum knee and I think I overdid it over the holiday weekend with all the cooking/cleaning/cabinet building I did because now, not only does it hurt almost all the the time, but I'm also having spasms AND it likes to just go out from under me at odd times.
ANYway, color me thrilled that that part of my life is no longer in chaos and my house is back to normal(ish). Maybe no more black tears for a while. ;-)
Easter pics tomorrow.
I'd been slowly working on piecing them together all last week. Between my bum knee and the fact that I lack any powerful tools (Daddy teases me about my "manly" tools) it took me all week just to get one cabinet put mostly together.
Daddy had been sick with bronchitis, though, so I swore up and down I would not ask him to help. Plus, I hate asking for help. It's a single gal thing. Probably. And I didn't ask him. Friday morning, he just rode up on his white
We spent probably an hour and half hanging doors, assembling the last cabinet and cracking jokes about how unfair it was that it took me a WEEK to get one cabinet put together and it took him twenty minutes with his powerful cordless screwdriver to do the other.
I marvel at how awesome it must be to be a man and be able to lift a cabinet to standing position with ONE HAND when it took both my hands and lots of grunting to do the same thing with the other cabinet.
*sigh*
I'm all for women's lib and equal rights but it's just a plain ol' fact that there are some things manly men can do that women can't. Well, regular average
More gratuitous cabinetry/room shots:
As I said above, the room's not "done" yet. I still want to add shelves above Libby's bed (between the two cabinets) and hang some wall art above the bookcase. I'm still debating painting the closet doors white but since that's a lot of work I'm thinking probably not. At least not anytime in the near future.
I also need to move all that "sound equipment" from in front of the window and find it a new home. It's a black hole in the room and not all functional where it's at. Also need to finish refinishing the drafting table it's sitting on.
Anyway, I totally and completely am in LOVE with the cabinetry. The room is so much cleaner/neater now, I know where stuff is and can get to it easily. I can Open. The Closet. Doors. Major feat, let me tell ya! Plus, the cabinets open up so much more storage possibility that I didn't have before. I still have three shelves left to fill and room on some of the other shelves that I could add stuff to. I plan on doing some major organizing one of these years. Just not this coming weekend. I'm still having problems with the bum knee and I think I overdid it over the holiday weekend with all the cooking/cleaning/cabinet building I did because now, not only does it hurt almost all the the time, but I'm also having spasms AND it likes to just go out from under me at odd times.
ANYway, color me thrilled that that part of my life is no longer in chaos and my house is back to normal(ish). Maybe no more black tears for a while. ;-)
Easter pics tomorrow.




Comments
I do have a small cordless screwdriver that helped me out once I finally replaced the batteries in it, but Daddy has one of those big rechargeable manly ones with the changable bits and junk. I'm a little intimidated by it. lol