Everybody Happy, Happy, Happy

^
|   A  little Duck Dynasty quote for you on this Friday afternoon. ;-)

Anyway, so today I am counting my blessings. I fell like so much of what I put out into the world...my cyber corner of it, at least, is negative or the "down" side of life. The truth is, there is always blessings and joy in every day. Even if it's just the fact that my legs support me enough to still walk when I wake up in the mornings.

In no particular order, here are some happy blessings...

~The weather outside is amazing today. Cool but not cold. Warm but not hot. Sun is out. Breeze is blowing. Just one of those perfect days when it would be great to lay outside on a hammock and read all day. I wish all days were perfect days like this. But I suppose if they were all perfect days, we'd take them for granted and wouldn't even notice the glory of a perfect day.

~We got notice yesterday that we're getting raises in July. Small--of the 1.5% variety--but I'll take small over nothing any ol' day. Especially since we were told just last month that there would be no raises at all this year. If nothing else, it'll fill in what that tax increase thing took away in January. My book budget just got bigger. haha

~I've had two nights of really good sleep in a row after about a week of poor sleep. Good sleep is always happy but when it follows poor sleep? Glorious. I feel so well rested and relaxed.

~I get to see my babies tomorrow. Sis2 and the kids (and Goofus, I guess) are coming out to the country to fish. This will be Efan's first fishing trip and he has earned it. He's been wanting to go fishing with Bobo for a while now so Sis2 made him a deal. If he would stop sucking his fingers (he's always sucked his index and middle finger instead of his thumb) he could go fishing. He's finally stopped--and for a few weeks now--so he's reaping his reward tomorrow. Well, we're ALL reaping his reward tomorrow because we get to spend time with each other in the great outdoors. :)

~We are thisclose to hiring a new librarian to be my supervisor. Why is this happy? Well, while I do enjoy being my own boss (in a way) hiring a new librarian will cut my workload by at least half. No more administrative meetings for Jana! Yay! I've never minded being the grunt worker/minion and it'll be a relief to return to that. I am simply not made to be an administrator.

~Got my electric bill in yesterday and it is $50 less than I'd budgeted. So...Extra moneies! That's five more trips I get to take to Panda Express between now and June 15. hahaha

God  has just answered so many prayers and provided so faithfully for me that I am simply overwhelmed to even think about it. I am so incredibly thankful that words can't express it.

Hope ya'll have some happy, happy, happy in your Friday and EVERY day. <3>

Comments

Heather said…
Congrats on the raise! I wouldn't mind one of those myself. That lapsed tax cut is really hurting. Especially since I just found out how much my rent is going up in August. I mean, I did expect a slight increase, but not quite as much as it will be , even if it is still less than the old place. Wouldn't be a big deal if not for that stupid lapsed tax cut. Grr!

(And hey--put that money from the electric bill aside. You know you're going to wish you had it once summer really gets going!)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today