A Random Tuesday
My weekend was: groceries, laundry, napping, eating and watching TV. Then church, folks and more church. And it was GLORIOUS. But not exactly review worthy. I mean, I could wax poetic about the joy of a clean kitchen but then you'd be all, "Who are you and what have you done with Jana?"
One thing I did learn Friday night: Egg whites will explode in the microwave. All. Over. The microwave.
Ugh.
First time cooking an egg white in the microwave (or any part of an egg, really.) but I had two whites left over after the pudding/mousse recipe I experimented with (YUM) and I didn't really want to drag out the skillet to cook them (for Libby, of course) so I thought...Microwave! And then I forgot I'd put 'em in the microwave until they exploded.
Friday night was date night with the microwave and a wet dish cloth. Exciting life, I lead.
But...chocolate mousse!
So anyhow, since I don't really have a weekend review to share, I thought I'd share some things from the files of random thoughts in my head.
You're excited, right?
Well, at least you're awake?
Whatever.
1. I dreamed last night that I went to the local donut shop and asked for two chocolate iced donuts. The girl behind the counter told me, "Sorry, we only sell them by the dozen" and I threw a complete hissy fit and tweeted angrily about it. Weird. I think I need donuts.
2. I woke up at 2am and put a reminder for myself in my phone to order toner for the copier at work. Because I woke from a dead sleep and remembered that I'd forgotten for the past WEEK to place the order and knew if I didn't remind myself somehow, I'd forget again and the current toner would run out before we got a replacement and everyone in the office would be all mad at me for forgetting.
Gosh, how sad is my life that my dreams deny me donuts and I worry about copier toner at 2am?
3. You know the song with the line "somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug"? Today I am the bug. Well, I've been the bug for a few days now. I'm worn slap out. A common theme for me, you may have noticed. Work has not slowed at all and added on top of that this week is revival at church. Also, the whole "work has not slowed down at all" is a large contributor to the whole "waking up from a dead sleep to worry about toner" thing. I can't get everything done while I'm at work so my subconscious brings all that home with me.
3.2 Being an adult sucks.
4. I am in the unique position right now of being able to choose (well, with the help of the other committee members) who my next boss will be. In some ways that is exciting but also scary. Exciting because I have the opportunity to nix someone I don't like but scary because what if the person I think is going to be great gives good interview but turns out to be a dud? Then I have no one to blame but myself. And the others on the committee. (I'm totally blaming them if this goes badly.)
5. Summer television is (finally) heating back up. Pretty Little Liars, Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles, Longmire, Covert Affairs, Melissa and Joey, Ghost Hunters, Paranormal Witness--All back/coming back soon. Then there are actual new shows on the actual regular networks that I'm excited about. I've watched a couple of episodes of ABC's Mistresses and it's okay. I recorded Under the Dome (CBS) last night and will hopefully get to watch it one night this week. Unfortunately, it was opposite Mistresses so I missed this week's episode but if Under the Dome is better, I'll probably ditch Mistresses anyway.
6. I got Warm Bodies from Netflix and watched it Friday night (pre-exploding egg whites) and really liked it. I'd been warned by a friend that it wasn't all that good but thankfully, our tastes in movies are just different enough for me to enjoy it. Even though I don't like zombie movies. (too gross, usually)
7. I'm taking a stay-cation next week. I wish it were this week AND next week. So tired.
8. I want an ice cream cone.
9. Our baseball team is in the college world series. The only way I even know this is because it's all anybody's talking about.
10. My neighbors are already prepping their yard for the 4th. Firewood, etc. So I can look out to vicariously partying with them all night. I wish my neighbors were hermits like me. *sigh*
One thing I did learn Friday night: Egg whites will explode in the microwave. All. Over. The microwave.
Ugh.
First time cooking an egg white in the microwave (or any part of an egg, really.) but I had two whites left over after the pudding/mousse recipe I experimented with (YUM) and I didn't really want to drag out the skillet to cook them (for Libby, of course) so I thought...Microwave! And then I forgot I'd put 'em in the microwave until they exploded.
Friday night was date night with the microwave and a wet dish cloth. Exciting life, I lead.
But...chocolate mousse!
So anyhow, since I don't really have a weekend review to share, I thought I'd share some things from the files of random thoughts in my head.
You're excited, right?
Well, at least you're awake?
Whatever.
1. I dreamed last night that I went to the local donut shop and asked for two chocolate iced donuts. The girl behind the counter told me, "Sorry, we only sell them by the dozen" and I threw a complete hissy fit and tweeted angrily about it. Weird. I think I need donuts.
2. I woke up at 2am and put a reminder for myself in my phone to order toner for the copier at work. Because I woke from a dead sleep and remembered that I'd forgotten for the past WEEK to place the order and knew if I didn't remind myself somehow, I'd forget again and the current toner would run out before we got a replacement and everyone in the office would be all mad at me for forgetting.
Gosh, how sad is my life that my dreams deny me donuts and I worry about copier toner at 2am?
3. You know the song with the line "somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug"? Today I am the bug. Well, I've been the bug for a few days now. I'm worn slap out. A common theme for me, you may have noticed. Work has not slowed at all and added on top of that this week is revival at church. Also, the whole "work has not slowed down at all" is a large contributor to the whole "waking up from a dead sleep to worry about toner" thing. I can't get everything done while I'm at work so my subconscious brings all that home with me.
3.2 Being an adult sucks.
4. I am in the unique position right now of being able to choose (well, with the help of the other committee members) who my next boss will be. In some ways that is exciting but also scary. Exciting because I have the opportunity to nix someone I don't like but scary because what if the person I think is going to be great gives good interview but turns out to be a dud? Then I have no one to blame but myself. And the others on the committee. (I'm totally blaming them if this goes badly.)
5. Summer television is (finally) heating back up. Pretty Little Liars, Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles, Longmire, Covert Affairs, Melissa and Joey, Ghost Hunters, Paranormal Witness--All back/coming back soon. Then there are actual new shows on the actual regular networks that I'm excited about. I've watched a couple of episodes of ABC's Mistresses and it's okay. I recorded Under the Dome (CBS) last night and will hopefully get to watch it one night this week. Unfortunately, it was opposite Mistresses so I missed this week's episode but if Under the Dome is better, I'll probably ditch Mistresses anyway.
6. I got Warm Bodies from Netflix and watched it Friday night (pre-exploding egg whites) and really liked it. I'd been warned by a friend that it wasn't all that good but thankfully, our tastes in movies are just different enough for me to enjoy it. Even though I don't like zombie movies. (too gross, usually)
7. I'm taking a stay-cation next week. I wish it were this week AND next week. So tired.
8. I want an ice cream cone.
9. Our baseball team is in the college world series. The only way I even know this is because it's all anybody's talking about.
10. My neighbors are already prepping their yard for the 4th. Firewood, etc. So I can look out to vicariously partying with them all night. I wish my neighbors were hermits like me. *sigh*
Comments
That was a funny donut dream you had, and oh. my. gosh. you watched way more TV this summer than I did. The only programs I've watched are Zero Hour (which ended last weekend) and Motive.
I'd rather suffere your neighbor's bonfire than my neighborhood's constant barage of (highly illegal) fireworks late into the night. Good thing I didn't have to get up early the next day. Did their party aggitate Libby any?
They have a perfectly nice deck behind their house--a half acre and down the hill away from my property but do they do their parties on it? Noooooooo. If I could afford it, I would put up an eight foot high privacy fence and plant trees just in case. Might help block the noise AND their line of sight onto my carport.
That's the biggest drawback to living out in the country--no leash laws or poop pick-up ordinances. Granted, their dog doesn't do it often but I can always tell when my yard has had company.