Facepalm

So, as I mentioned earlier, I had a lunch date with my friends E and A. (Or A and E although that sounds like a cable network.) It was free tea day at a local deli so we went, ordered sandwiches and sweet tea (because sweet is the only way to drink tea, or didn't you now that?) and sat down. Everything's great. We're eating, swapping funny stories. I'm mostly over my snit with A since venting this morning. All's well and fun.

Then the waitress comes over and asks if we'd like refills on our tea. So this is the kind of place where they hafta take your glass with them to refill instead of having a pitcher with them to re-fill your cups at the table. There are three of us at the table so the waitress takes A's cup and brings it back then take E's cup and refills. And then she just...she LEAVES. Without my cup.  I had even picked it up to hand it to her and she just walked away. Apparently the expression on my face was pretty hilarious because A and E fell out laughing.

*Facepalm*

So of course, like the mature women we are, we started making loud jokes about how pissed off I was and how I didn't even like their stinkin' nasty tea anyway.

I don't know if he heard us, but the manager stopped by our table to check up on us shortly after. I mean, they do that fairly regularly at that deli but it was extra funny to us that he chose our table to check up on right when we were making fun of the crappy waitress and my ignored glass.

Thankfully he was gracious enough to refill my tea and patiently let us tease him about how they needed to have free cookie day or even better, free cheesecake day. (yum)

But yeah. That's pretty much the story of my life. My cloak of invisibility is working overtime. Do I even exist anymore?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today