Life Happens

So last night was "girls night out". Only two participants, though. Me and E. A is gone to the beach (the heifer) and Mrs. B and Sis2 both bailed on us. Fortunately, E and I are good enough friends that we get along well when left to our own devices.

We met up at Buffalo Wild Wings after work. I'd never been there before but E had and said she enjoyed it. It's mostly a glorified sports bar so not exactly my preferred atmosphere but the food was good and not terribly expensive so I might go back.

We mostly just wanted to go somewhere different than our habitual trip to Applebee's. Mostly we've always gone to Applebee's because we like their Mudslides. The last few times we've gotten the mudslides, though, they haven't been all that great. Not enough Kahlua, man. Without the Mudslides to set it apart, Applebee's was negotiable.

Anyway, we had fun at supper and ate WAY too much. Talked a lot, as usually happens. Not about anything scandelous, mind you. Unlike my favorite Author's Twitter feed when she has girls night out (@VictoriaDahl), we didn't discuss anything filthy. We talked church problems and about our other friends. haha

Went to see The Heat (Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy) which was hilarious even if the theater had just repainted the floors and left behind a vicious amount of paint fumes. Then again, maybe the vicious amount of fumes was what made the movie so hilarious. Hmmm...Must investigate that when it comes out on DVD. ;-)

I didn't get home until around 10-ish. WAY past my old lady bedtime of 9pm. Since I hadn't been home with her all evening, I owed The Devil Pup some snuggles so I ended up staying up till midnight watching the encore episodes of Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Witness that I'd missed while I was out. Thankfully neither were terribly frightening so no nightmares. Yay!

But then...

Around 2:30am I woke up to go to the bathroom and noticed it was thundering and lightening. Nothing that really concerned me because I actually like storms. Libby, however, does not. After her second yelp, I ambled down the hall to her room. As soon as she heard me she started pawing frantically at her crate door and tumbled out as soon as I got it opened. Poor baby.

As a rule, I don't sleep with the Devil Pup because A) I like my bed to myself and B) she can be a bit of a restless bed hog. But since it was storming and she was scared, I broke that rule and brought her to bed with me where she then proceeded to hyperventilate and pace. When she wasn't pacing, she snuggled in as close to me as she could and when that didn't comfort her she Laid. On my face.

And then the electricity went out which wouldn't be a big deal at 2:30something in the morning but in the middle of July? Ugh. No fans. No a/c. A heavy, hairy, hot breathed and panting dog. Misery.

I did manage to doze off for about an hour or so and woke up at 4am still without power. So naturally I decided to hunt down my last bill for the number to report the outage. I really didn't want to get ready for work in the dark and hoped if I reported it, they'd get it back on quicker. But alas, it was a no-go. We didn't get electricity back until about fifteen minutes after I'd already left for work. Fortunately it's fairly daylight outside by 5:30 right now so I wasn't getting dressed entirely in the dark.

Needless to say, though, I have been pretty much useless all day. Yawning. Heavy lidded. Cloudy brained. Neeeeeed sleeeeeeeep.

Guess you know what I'll be doing when I get home tonight, huh? haha

Comments

Heather said…
What a coincidence - Sherrie just asked me last night if I had ever been to Buffalo Wild Wings - I haven't - then said we'd have to order some of their wings for takeout one of these weekends before the football game.

As for The Heat... I usually love Sandra Bullock. I liked Melissa McCarthy when she was on Gilmore Girls. But this sort of movie? Definitely not my taste.

Sorry the storm and Libby kept you up most fo the night. I love storms, but sometimes they can be darn inconvenient. Of course, no electricity for a few hours pales in comparison to excessive flooding and storm-damaged houses. :-\

(And yes, I'm finally playing cathup. Or trying to.)
Jana said…
The crazy part about our trip to BWW is that...neither of us actually got wings! lol We both ordered a chicken sammy that had the buffalo sauce on it and it was delicious. Next time, though, I'll hafta get the wings because I do actually usually enjoy some good wings.

The Heat was pretty funny but it did use a lot of foul language and at times borderlined on the ridiculous.
Heather said…
See, and that's exactly the sort of movie I don't care for. And really, when you consider Sandra won an Oscar for her role in The Blind Side, this sort of movie seems like a major step down for her.

Now this weekend? There are at least three movies opening I wouldn't mind seeing.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today