So yay! I've found an extra minute or two to actually blog. I'm not sure what to do with myself. Cry a little, maybe. ;-)
So anyway, I know I promised some pictures AGES ago and then I disappeared. I've been disappearing a lot lately. Oopsies! But hopefully by September things will be better at work and at home. Then, of course, another a'splosion is scheduled to occur around the first of the year but we'll worry about that later. Mostly all I can really say about any of it is that BIG changes are coming in my professional life. Not sure how much of it will be good and how much of it will be bad. I'm praying for the best.
But now...PICTURES!!
Bobo (aka Daddy) turned 59 on the 1st. We took him to lunch at Mugshots. It's a burger joint with what I feel are the best burgers around. He'd never been there before and I just KNEW he'd love it as much as I do. Well, actually, I kinda knew what he'd say but I had to give it a shot anyway. While he declared that their onion rings were the best he'd ever had, the burgers--wait for it--"aren't as good as Sonic."
Yes, he's a bigger Sonic ho than I am. Go figure.
Anyhoo, after Mugshots we went to Sis2's for cupcakes and pressies.
 |
| Of course the kids hafta help blow out the candles. |
 |
| YUM! |
 |
| I ate two. But don't tell anyone. |
 |
| She wore hers. |
 |
| Efan, on the other hand, wore the gift bags. |
 |
| "Is this one mine?" |
 |
| Bobo had just opened the card from me. It belched happy birthday. Because we're classy like that. |
After the "party" I hung around for a while longer after the folks left. I had to squeeze me in some kiddlet time. Good thing it wasn't hellaciously hot that day.
 |
| Cupcakes are for sissies. Let's eat Popsicles! |
 |
| Doesn't everyone take off their pants to ride their bikes? |
 |
| Swinging's more fun with a Popsicle. |
Emmy came back for a visit last week. I'd just gotten back to work after my week off so,
of course, I took another day off to spend with her. We painted pottery, ate at Chick-fil-A and went to see
Monster's University.
 |
| She's intent. |
 |
| She's intently sloppy. Wish ya'll could hear all the grief I gave her for her sloppy painting. haha |
 |
| Serious business, this painting. |
And since summer is birthday season, we also celebrated Granny's 80th birthday. I still can't believe my Granny is 80!
 |
| Isn't she lovely? |
 |
Long legged freak Emmy who was pouting at the time
because I made her let Efan watch a Dinosaur movie since she wasn't,
you know, in her room watching anything at the time. |
 |
| She nailed those candles. Hope she remembered to make a wish! |
|
|
That's what's been up with me this summer, so far. The fun stuff anyway. Well, most of the fun stuff. There have been instances where I didn't bother with the camera. But hopefully when I'm 80 I'll be okay with just the memories of loving my awesome family.
Comments
Monsters U was pretty darn funny. The kids loved it and I think all the adults enjoyed it, too.