Goodbye Friday...Helllloooooo Weekend.

This has been a long and strange week. While I've been uber busy, I can't quite pinpoint any one exact thing I did to stay that way. Well, meetings. Of course. Funny how just the act of sitting and listening to other people talk can be so exhausting.

I did hire a new student assistant Monday. I think she's going to work out great. Seems really sweet, quiet. I love the sweet and quiet students. I usually have less to fuss at them about. Usually.

Other than that, I really can't say what, exactly, has kept me so busy. Just planning for  the upcoming semester and continuing the day to day stuff. I DREAD the upcoming semester. Well, not so much the whole semester as much as the first couple of weeks. Summer and the reduced numbers of bodies on campus always spoils me. All the extra bodies in fall are a total shock to my system.

Anyway, I haven't done much around the house lately, either. Except for my epic two day kitchen cleaning project. I hate to admit it, but, I sort of let my kitchen go last week and all through last weekend to the point where by Monday just the thought of cleaning it was depressing. Depressing to the point that I couldn't even bring myself to cook in there and ended up getting take out several nights. The fact that I had no clean cookware or silverware left might have had something to do with it, too.

So anyway, I split it into a two evening task. Cups, glasses, plates and silverware Tuesday night. Bowls, storage containers, mixing bowls, skillets and baking sheets Wednesday night. Splitting it up made it so much less depressing. And kept me from having to stand and wash for four hours straight. And lest you think I'm joking, lemme tell you...It took me two hours each evening to get it all done. That's washing, rinsing and only partially putting away each night. For reelz, ya'll. Sad and disgusting, no?

I've just been so tired and achy and blah lately. My knees both hurt all the time. There's no respite. They hurt when I get up in the morning. The hurt all during the day. They hurt when I go to bed. They even hurt while I sleep. And because I'm paranoid about such things, I try not to take too many pain relievers. I can't afford a doctor and I fear they'd only tell me it's my weight anyway. Which, hello. Hard to do anything about your weight (other than starve) when you can't even walk around the room without sharp pains shooting up and down your legs. *sniffle*

But beyond my knees, my whole soul just feels tired. Tired to the point that I don't even want to read or do crafts or much of anything. The only way I motivated myself to do much of anything for Lyssa's party last weekend was because I knew if I didn't get my butt in gear and make it happen, I'd have one angry sister and a very disappointed little girl staring me in the face. Sis2's been battling her own health issues lately so there's no way she could have done it herself.

It also doesn't help that I've had a headache for three weeks straight. I need new spectacles for my mostly blind eyeballs. I haven't been since 2007 when I got my current glasses. I know, I know. But before you lecture, lemme tell you I've got an appointment with the optometrist next week. I've been putting it off because I hate having my eyes dilated--something they always do to check for glaucoma due to a family history. But after a particularly scary episode earlier in the week wherein I think I nearly blacked out from the dizziness of soft vision, I finally broke down and made the appointment. And then you know what I did? I ditzily made it for during a time when I'm supposed to be in this big important all day meeting thing. But because I wasn't sure when I'd be able to get another appointment, I just begged the VIP to let me leave the big important meeting early pleading near blindness.

In other news, did I tell ya'll that we selected my new boss? He's signed the contract and is set to come aboard in October. I'm sort of on the fence about him but I didn't realize how anxious I apparently am until I had a weird dream about him the other night. In the dream, on his very first day he informed me that he didn't like me and wouldn't be requiring my assistance and then was mean to me for the rest of the dream. Kinda not fun, that one. :-/

I'm sure he'll be fine, though. If nothing else, I'll just stay outta his way and smile and nod like I've always done. I think these past three years while I've mostly been in charge of myself have spoiled me, though. I'm really uncertain about how this is all going to play out. I mean, I never had trouble with immediate supervision in the past. I've always gotten along with my supervisors and appreciated them. But sort of being in charge of the division, making many of the day to day and somewhat important decisions on my own--or at the very least, being in on the discussions of very important decisions and having my opinions heard by the VIP for the past three years is going to make it very difficult to go back to being the background grunt worker under someone else's thumb. Someone who may or may not value my input/experience. It's a scary place to be in. Exciting, too, but also scary.

Anyway, for someone who's always vowed never to blog about my job, I've sure been chatty lately. Ack!

Whatever. I'm going home tonight, vegging out and then waiting to see what I decide to do tomorrow. I may or may not jump into the world of smartphones tomorrow. I always said I would never cave to the darn things but after that particularly frustrating recent meeting cancellation via fb debacle...among the desire to be able to keep in better touch with Emmy and others...I feel like it's time. And my carrier has an affordable plan right now so it feels like the stars are aligning. Or maybe I just have tech envy that all mah friends and family can facetime each other (talk on the phone but face to face via camera) and I can't.

First world problems, ya'll. All of the above.

Ya'll have a good and happy weekend.

Comments

Heather said…
Sound slike you had a hectic week. I know how you feel about new glasses. I really need new ones, too, but it's one of those things that cost money, ya know? And hey--I don't have a cellphone at all, smart or otherwise. :D
Jana said…
Ugh. I'd like to forget how much the new glasses cost. Let's just say I'm really glad I've managed to keep a savings account for these sorts of things. Totally was not expecting that big an expense.

If I didn't drive at all I could happily live without a cell. Actually, I could happily live without ANY phone. haha But with driving...it's a blessing to know that help is a phone call away should I need it.

I haven't gotten an iPhone yet. I keep putting it off because rumor has it, the new one is coming out this month so the older ones would be WAY cheaper. I'm all about the cheap. haha

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today