Guest Bedroom Business

I think I told y'all that I had to redo the guest bedroom since I loaned Lyssa the daybed, right?  Well, it's taken me awhile to find what I want for what I could afford but I finally did. (at Fab.com, btw)

crappy cell phone pic

The DP approves.

The headboard is actually  part of Lyssa's old 3-in-1 crib/toddler/ full sized bed. The foot board crowded the room too much so it is currently residing beneath MY bed until Lyssa's ready to reclaim it and the headboard. Hidden storage at it's finest, y'all. haha The mattress set came from the folks when they downsized "Emmy's" room to a daybed and the metal bed frame came from an uncle who downsized everything when he moved further south a few months back.

So yeah, a lot of the people I love contributed to this "re-design." I, for one, will never look a gift horse in the mouth. All hand-me-downs accepted. Well, maybe not all, but you know what I mean.

The bedding, however...now that's another story. For months I just had sheets and the old twin sized comforter on there because do you have any idea how difficult it is to fined a plain white comforter/quilt/ANYTHING? And yes. It had to be white. Anything else would have clashed with the soothing beachy vibe I wanted to maintain. I love how soothing this room is. All pale blue walls and bright white. But white bedding? Almost impossible to find. I actually did find a beautiful quilt set at JCPenny's but just the quilt alone was a whopping $89. The shams were another $60 or so. It was really tempting because it was such a pretty set but...yeah. No dice. I found this one on Fab.com by total fluke when Katie over at Bower Power posted a sponsored post for them and featured a similar white quilt set. The set (both quilt and shams) was $69 total with free shipping!

Yeah, $69 was still a bit more than I really and truly wanted to spend but the look was exactly what I wanted and it was the set! With free shipping! So I bit. *shrugs* No regrets. At least none until the credit card bill comes due. *cringe*

 As for the other side of the room, I had to move the chest of drawers over to the wall at the foot of the bed and I added a new piece of art. (to the left of the mirror)

crappy cellphone pic

Traced and colored the lettering all by myself. ;-) It reads, "Even the waves obey his voice." Both true and appropriate for a room with a beachy type theme. I can't take credit for the quote, though. I saw it on some Etsy art that was advertised on another blog. Hey, I take inspiration where I can. Mostly all I did was play around with some fonts, supersize it to 11x17 and then traced the lettering onto another sheet of 11x17 so that I could color in the letters. This is what happens when you don't have access to a color copier/printer. You get creative and use color pencils. haha

Now I just have a few more finishing touches like moving around some other art and deciding what--if anything--I want to put on either side of the window. I have some ideas using rope but we'll have to see how that pans out. Mah crafting skilz have been on the fritz lately. :-/ I also want to find a pretty blue throw for the end of the bed.  I've all but given up on the TV wall, though. The old analog 27in tv is too heavy to move and I can't afford to replace it with a flat screen right now anyway.

The chair is gone now, btw. This is an old pic.
So for now, the room is mostly done. Hopefully Lyssa won't want to re-trade anytime soon. She seems to be enjoying her "princess" room and the daybed. ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
Looks nice, Jana -- though I can't imagine ever wanting a white comforter or bedspread. They're so hard to keep clean!
Jana said…
That's why it's in the guest bedroom...it'll only get used maybe three or four times a year. And I'll put it up whenever the two little ones come over.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today