A Birthday

So yesterday was Sis2's birthday. I took the day off work to spend it with her as has become the tradition. I do this because A) she's my best friend and B) if I didn't make a big deal out of her big day ON her big day, no one would. Goofus is kinda slack in the whole "making a girl feel special" area.



We started the day off at Chick-fil-A for breakfast. She had to have her driver's license renewed and wanted to do it early so we ate breakfast and Efan and I played in the play area while she went and got her license taken care of.

He's such a fun kid with a big imagination.



The rest of the morning we sort of vegged at the house until lunch. We did do "school" pics. It was picture day at Lyssa's school so we had to do them with the boy, too. His are probably way more silly than Lyssa's. 



Then it was off to lunch with the parental unit. We met at a local deli type place that has amazing bread and the best sammies. 





As luck would wave it, I had a doctor's  after lunch where I got not so happy news. *sigh* I'll just let my twitter feed tell that story. 


Yeah. So a bit of a wake up call. I stopped at the shoe outlet place after I picked up my prescription and got some new walking shoes. Because walking during break is going to happen whether my friends like it or not. I'm just going to hafta suck it up and be tough. 

Also must learn to say no when they want to go out lunch. No giving in and going when I know I shouldn't. My life depends on it. Not depressed about that at all. :/

So. Happy birthday to Sis2! :-) I hope I'm still around next year to celebrate!

Comments

Heather said…
Glad your sister had a good birthday, but sorry to hear your health news. You need to say NO to the junk food and take care of yourself! (((hugs)))
Jana said…
I've walked two days this week and have let my friends know that regular lunches out are no longer an option for me. Lots of green things in my fridge and I'm cutting out regular Coke and coffee drinking. I even bought almond milk to have with my Cheerios. So I'm making an effort to find a healthier lifestyle. Praying it sticks.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today