Weekend review: Ethan's birthday edition

Ethan is 4! His actual birthday was yesterday but we had his party Saturday. It was Monster Truck themed because he is into all things rough, big and automobile.
 
 
I actually started the night before in prepping. Somehow I ended up doing most of the food. Well, all of the food except for the cake and a bowl of goldfish. I was up late making truffles (chocolate chip cookie dough and cake batter) Friday night. Then got up early Saturday morning and baked chocolate chip cookies. After lunch Saturday, I got in Sis2's kitchen and made jalapeno popper pigs in a blanket.

Mama did the cake per Ethan's instructions. And I do mean instructions. He told her exactly how he wanted it to look and he was THRILLED with the outcome.Mostly because it had two big monster trucks  a "ramp" and "dirt" that he enjoyed driving the trucks through. An interactive cake! lol


 He had a pretty good turn out with about 7 kids/friends and several adults and the boy RACKED UP on toys. I got him one of the planes from the movie Planes. It talks and junk. He was really excited about it until he had to start modeling it for pictures. haha

After everyone else had left and Ethan was inside playing with all his toys (and couldn't care less at that point that we were still hanging around. haha) I got outside with the other two kiddos and we played Hullabaloo. I won 5 straight in a row then three more in a row later. Fortunately, both girls are okay at losing and Lyssa did all my funky dances for me. ;-)

All in all it was a fun day. I was rather exhausted by the end of it. Between all the cooking and standing around and playing, my knees, legs and feet were just about ready to divorce me. I didn't blame them. I'd been really hard on them the past several days.

 

Sunday was just a lazy day at the folks' house. Daddy fried venison and Mama made jalapeno bread and I ate and took a nap. ;-) It rained off and on all afternoon and into the night. Warmed up a bit, too, Sad. :( I was just getting excited about the cooler temps.

And that, my friends, was my weekend. Exhausting to live through but not a lot to say about it. ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
Glad Ethan enjoyed his party. Wish you'd gotten a good pic of the cake -- it sounds really cool, but you can't see much of it with the angle of your pic. Ah, well! Sounds like it was a good weekend for all.
Jana said…
Look for an upcoming post. I can't believe I forgot to post a good pic of the cake. lol
Heather said…
Doh...what kind of aunt are you? LOL J/K -- love the pic you posted!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today