Full On Crazy
That is my life these days. Full on crazy.
Work stuff. Family stuff. No rest for the Jana.
Bleh.
Work is okay. Just a busy adjustment period with the new boss. The idea was that once the new boss started he'd help alleviate some of the load I've been carrying. But he's so into the job that he's finding new things to do and piling them on me. So that's super awesome. Not complaining, just saying. Well, maybe complaining a little. haha I actually really like him. He's really nice. Really easy to work with. Perhaps once this settling in period passes he will settle DOWN some and focus on one project at a time instead of fifty. haha
Family stuff...*groan* Mama has thrown herself and by virtue, ME, into planning a 50th Wedding Anniversary for her parents. That's All. She. Talks. About. Seriously. I'll be in the middle of telling her something and in the part where normally the other person would comment about the topic--you know, participate in the conversation?--she will, instead, mention a new idea she had or list off all the things she's still got to do. Or what do I think about this? It's like her head is a running dialog of party plans to the point where nothing else exists or matters. Even while the kids were out Saturday she had me and Sis2 addressing envelopes and handing out assignments and talking to Sis2 about it.
Needless to say, I'm so sick of party plans I could cry. And the fact that from now until Dec. 14th my life will be nothing but devotion to planning and working on the party doesn't make me a happy girl at all. Christmas and Thanksgiving are being thrown out the window in favor of this party and I don't like it. And I don't like to be busy on my days off, either. Good-bye Thanksgiving break. I never knew ye.
She wants to spend Thanksgiving weekend decorating the church hall. The weekend after that we're going to the "City" to do some shopping for the party. Then the party itself is the weekend after that. Gah. How do I always get sucked into these things? I don't even LIKE parties.
Never let anyone know that you are creative or semi-creative or have creative ideas, ya'll. They will abuse your time and talents until you just want to jump off a cliff.
Meanwhile there is a seriously hot student in the reading room right now. *drool* He's Latino--accent included--and wearing a suit. And has the BEST smile ever. Sometimes I really love my job. Too bad I'm not a cougar though. :-/
Work stuff. Family stuff. No rest for the Jana.
Bleh.
Work is okay. Just a busy adjustment period with the new boss. The idea was that once the new boss started he'd help alleviate some of the load I've been carrying. But he's so into the job that he's finding new things to do and piling them on me. So that's super awesome. Not complaining, just saying. Well, maybe complaining a little. haha I actually really like him. He's really nice. Really easy to work with. Perhaps once this settling in period passes he will settle DOWN some and focus on one project at a time instead of fifty. haha
Family stuff...*groan* Mama has thrown herself and by virtue, ME, into planning a 50th Wedding Anniversary for her parents. That's All. She. Talks. About. Seriously. I'll be in the middle of telling her something and in the part where normally the other person would comment about the topic--you know, participate in the conversation?--she will, instead, mention a new idea she had or list off all the things she's still got to do. Or what do I think about this? It's like her head is a running dialog of party plans to the point where nothing else exists or matters. Even while the kids were out Saturday she had me and Sis2 addressing envelopes and handing out assignments and talking to Sis2 about it.
Needless to say, I'm so sick of party plans I could cry. And the fact that from now until Dec. 14th my life will be nothing but devotion to planning and working on the party doesn't make me a happy girl at all. Christmas and Thanksgiving are being thrown out the window in favor of this party and I don't like it. And I don't like to be busy on my days off, either. Good-bye Thanksgiving break. I never knew ye.
She wants to spend Thanksgiving weekend decorating the church hall. The weekend after that we're going to the "City" to do some shopping for the party. Then the party itself is the weekend after that. Gah. How do I always get sucked into these things? I don't even LIKE parties.
Never let anyone know that you are creative or semi-creative or have creative ideas, ya'll. They will abuse your time and talents until you just want to jump off a cliff.
Meanwhile there is a seriously hot student in the reading room right now. *drool* He's Latino--accent included--and wearing a suit. And has the BEST smile ever. Sometimes I really love my job. Too bad I'm not a cougar though. :-/
Comments
Just three more weeks, though. If I can tough it out that long I'll be okay. ;-)