Gettin' Busy In The Guest Bedroom

I added a clock. Swanky. And I also added a little "graphic" to the frame on the top shelf. It used to just be a couple of layers of patterned card stock. But a few months ago when I ordered a couple of photo books from Snapfish, the interior flap had a little circle with blue print that read, "Happiness Within." Um, yes please. haha So I carefully cut out that little circle and stared at it for a few days before it dawned on me where I could use it. You can't tell much about it in this shot, though, so maybe I'll remember to get a close-up of it sometime.


Ignore the junk on the left. I can't figure out where to store the old twin sized down comforter. It's too puffy to fold successfully. :-/

I made a starburst mirror out of dowel rods, skewers, and chopsticks. Oh, and an auto mirror and cardboard. It was terribly complicated. ;-)


The tutorial. You know. In case you want it. 

I posted a photo of the mirror on FB and someone commented that it was very retro. I thought starburst mirrors were pretty current and trendy. But I suppose they may have been trendy back in the day, too? I dunno.

Bee tee dubs, the clock was free. Mama got it in a discount grab "bag" (It's actually a buggy instead of a bag) along with some other junk and didn't need it so I snagged it. 

The mirror was a $5 project. Wait, no. $8. I forgot the spray paint. :-D

I've got some other projects I want to do for other rooms but trying to be frugal after the past month's buying binge on my credit card. No, really. I went nuts and kinda want to whip myself for being so careless. But stress makes me do weird things. Like spend money and eat "bad" things. 

Bleh. 

Comments

Heather said…
Cool starburst. And maybe it's just me, but I didn't notice any comforter in the way. Besides, you can never have too many blankets. Or maybe that's just up here in the frigid north. Yeah, it's getting COLD way too fast this year.
Jana said…
Guess I shouldn't have mentioned the comforter, eh? hahaha

Yeah, I don't want to get rid of it. It's good and warm on those rare occasions it gets "frigid" down here. I just need a better place to store it. Although I guess it isn't hurting anything where it's at. That room rarely gets used anymore anyway. Sis1 doesn't come home all that often anymore and when she does she sometimes stays with the folks. I just like having things tucked away neatly.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today