Things and Stuff: Christmas Edition

Hard to believe that Christmas is upon us. I don't feel like I've had much time to really enjoy the season. With all the party plans taking over everyone's life for the past couple of months, it just feels like Christmas got lost and now here it is, coming up next week!

Fortunately, I got all my shopping done early this year. This was one of those "buy everything on-line" years wherein I ordered nearly everyone's gift from Amazon and called it a day. haha The only gifts I bought from an actual brick and mortar store were Daddy's, Emmy's and BFF's. Daddy's because it was cheaper at the store, Emmy's because it was crafts stuff I wanted to see with my own eyeballs and BFF's because it's mostly just a small little Christmas "happy" instead of an elaborate gift.

To be quite honest, it's been soooooo long since she and I have spent any quality time together that I don't really know her as well as I used to. We hardly talk on the  phone anymore and unlike me, Facebook oversharer that I am, she hardly ever updates her social media accounts. We texted at Thanksgiving but that's about it. She hasn't been home to Mississippi since her mother died. *shrugs* So I picked her up a little Willow Tree ornament from Hallmark that blesses friendship. As I was wrapping it up last night to get it ready to ship, I had the odd sensation that it's an ornament I sent her a previous Christmas. I'm not 100% certain. Hopefully if I did, she won't mind. Especially since she hasn't actually sent me a Christmas gift in about three years. haha

Anyway, back to the whole "Christmas slipping up on me" thing, I did do a few decorations around the house but it's waaaaaay scaled down from what it normally is. And from what I've read and heard from others, I'm not the only one who scaled down this year. I've even read several home bloggers who admit to not getting too far up into the Christmas spirit decorations-wise this year. I don't know if it's the lateness of Thanksgiving that threw everyone off or what, exactly. Or maybe times are just changing. Hard to say.

Tomorrow is our last day before Christmas (or Winter, as they call it now) Break. So of course, this week has been extremely slow. Dragging by, actually. Yesterday was the staff potluck at the library so it feels as though today should have been the first day of break. haha

And I don't know. I'm just not feeling life these days. I enjoyed the anniversary party and seeing several of my family but I feel a lot like I'm just going through the motions. Get up everyday, do what needs to be done, come home and zonk out. I feel like I'm failing Libby as a parent because I'm just not "there" when I'm with her and I know she's "just" a dog but she's also an important part of my life and I feel like I'm not giving her the 100% that she deserves. I'm so tired--physically, emotionally, spiritually tired. Tired of this world and all the insanity in it.  I'm really hoping these two weeks away from everyone will do my spirit good. Just go get away from the rest of the world.

Maybe it's just the end of the year blues or something. I'm burned out and overwhelmed at work. Getting the new supervisor was supposed to take a load off my shoulders but it's actually ADDED some all new loads. I like the new supervisor but he is very high energy and his high energy usually translates into him finding new things that need dealing with and delegating that stuff to me on TOP of the stuff I'd already been juggling. Super fun times.

Ugh. Did not mean for this post to turn into a "woe is me" whinefest. But if you've got some cheese to go with my whine, I'll take it. ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
Cheese. Darn. I knew there was something I should have sent you this year, hehe...

I hear you on the whole Christmas sneaking up on you thing and feeling the winter blahs already. I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit, but it's just not happening this year. Lots of financial stress and health issues. Did I mention almost breaking my right hand monday evening? Um, yeah. Doors 1, Me 0.

Anyway, I hope you are able to relax and enjoy your long winter break. I can't remember the last time I had an entire week off and time/money to actually enjoy it. Merry Christmas!

(PS, you have to come see what I got in the mail this week. *VBG*)
Jana said…
No, you didn't mention the near miss with your hand. Hope you're okay now!
Heather said…
Hand still bruised and sore, but better than it was a week ago. Today...it's my neck/shoulders bothering me. Just can't win!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today