Longest Week Ever

So I don't know about ya'll, but this week? This week has lasted three  years. Or that's what it feels like, anyway. So. Freaking. Tired.

I probably shouldn't even write a blog post because I don't really have anything to report. Just sleep, eating and the fact that I haven't washed dishes all week long. Sink is overflowing and the bigger the pile gets, the less I want to deal with it. Which is sad because while I was off for Christmas? Dishes washed every stupid day. Bed made every day. Laundry basket didn't overflow and everything that I washed got promptly removed from the dryer, folded and put away ON THE SAME DAY.

I haven't made my bed since the Friday after New Year's Day. Same with laundry. I did wash dishes Sunday morning but after that? Nothing.

It helps that I haven't actually cooked anything other than eggs all week. Eggs for breakfast and rewash the skillet. For supper I've just been heating soup and chili and that one time I made stuffed mushrooms and had to wash the baking pan to roast them in. Last night I didn't even bother to heat anything up. I just ate cheese and crackers even though I was STARVING when I got home. Was simply too tired/drained to manage the stove/oven.

You would think that after two weeks of R&R that I'd come back to work refreshed and have energy out the wazoo. That totally didn't happen. I came back to work and twenty minutes later was exhausted, depressed and slightly angry with the world. All the things that had overwhelmed me prior to the break were still here--plus a bunch more--when I came back. I wish I could just shovel a hole in my cubical floor and just shove everything in it and start fresh. That would be way wonderful.

I kinda wish the polor vortex would come back and freeze us again because at least we had something new to distract us from all the same ol' junk. As the song says, "the cold never bothered me anyway." (Please tell me you've seen Frozen.)

Which is true except for that one morning A and I trekked across the drill field for coffee and I got brain freeze even though I wasn't eating or drinking anything cold. The 0* wind chill just froze my brain while we were walking. Fun times.

But other than that? I loved the freaking cold. Snuggled under blankets. Flannel pj's. My fleece footies/slippers. Hot coffee. Yes, please.

Also? I'd rather get brain freeze than sweat.


At anyrate, I survived this first full week back. And if I survive today's three long and boring meetings without throwing myself in a vat of something bad for my cholesterol, I will declare this week a win. Overflowing dirty dishes be hanged.

Comments

Heather said…
The 0* wind chill just froze my brain while we were walking. Fun times.

But other than that? I loved the freaking cold. Snuggled under blankets. Flannel pj's. My fleece footies/slippers. Hot coffee. Yes, please.


Uh-huh...try living with it half the year, LOL. At least with the cold you can always put on another layrer, or wear warmer clothing. It's a lot harder trying to cool down than warm up. Now you understand why I get more crafting done in the winter. Lots more fun to snuggle up with a movie and some craft supplies than don three layers just to walk a few walks.
Jana said…
Yeah, if I could just snuggle in and hibernate, Winter would be my favorite season. LOL It's the getting out in it that sucks. LOL
Jana said…
Yeah, if I could just snuggle in and hibernate, Winter would be my favorite season. LOL It's the getting out in it that sucks. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today