Ugh

Today was a dreary day. Both weather-wise as well as mood wise. Weather is cold, damp and gloomy. Mood started out happy but went south after an email from Sis1 which basically said that she has more important things to so than celebrate my birthday this weekend.

She's still coming but only for a few hours--probably just in time to eat--but then they have to get back because they've decided that they want to go to the coast a day earlier than they'd originally planned. Not coming Friday night because she wants to go see a movie. Never occurred to her that we have a theater here and could have a sisters night out. 

So yeah. I'm bottom of the priority list. Doesn't surprise me, but still annoys me. Hurts my feelings. 

Then a coworker/friend made me mad with her bossy overbearing know-it-all attitude. Really wanted to snatch her hair out. 

But I took a deep breath, said a prayer and took a page from Elsa's book and let it go. ;-)

I can't change my sister. She is who she is and at 40, she's not likely to change. And the coworker/friend doesn't even realize she's an overbearing bossy know-it-all. And hanging on to my anger and annoyance was only ruining an otherwise bearable day. 

So now I'm at home with a cup of hot coffee and snuggling my Libs. So thankful for Jesus, Libs and coffee. :-D

Comments

Heather said…
That royally sucks, but at least your sister is actually coming to see you for a few hours on your birthday. I only heard from one out of seven siblings (that's including the halfs) in a late-day email on my birthday, and nothing from any nieces or nephews. No phone calls, no cards, nothing. I'm not feeling inclined to send any of them a birthday card this year. I get tired of always being expected to be there for and think of everyone else, but am no more than an afterthought to them. IMO, with cell phones and computers all having perpetual calendars, there's no excuse for forgetting these days. In any case, if someone truly matters to you, you remember.
Jana said…
Preach it! haha

I hear you. No excuses. And I wouldn't send any of them a blessed thing and have something better to do when they want something from you. They should get what they give which is NOTHING.

It still hurts, though. So, (((Heather)))
Heather said…
LOL...thanks, Jana! ☺

And can I just say how much I love number verification as opposed to word ver?

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today