Daddy's Day Funnies

1.) Daddy requested a cherry cheesecake for his Father's Day lunch. I kinda sorta figured he meant the no bake boxed kind, but I wanted to do something a little more special. I dug out a recipe I'd been meaning to try, bought the ingredients (and a back-up box of no-bake in case it flopped) and baked a cheesecake from scratch. I texted Daddy a photo of the cheesecake when it came out of the oven. His response was, "Is it any good?" Like I had cut into it and tasted it? I don't know. I told him we'd hafta wait and see.

Mama told me this morning that when he got the text and realized it wasn't a from the box no-bake cheesecake he was disappointed because it wouldn't taste like the one Granny (his mama) makes. BUT, after he tasted it yesterday he was surprised that  he actually liked it better!

Pahahahahahaha

Yes. Shocking, isn't it? How a homemade ANYTHING could be better than a boxed mix? *shaking my head*

2.) A few weeks ago, Lyssa used some of her "birthday/Christmas/whatever" savings and bought one of those looms that makes bracelets.  Once she finally figured out how to do it, she started making bracelets all the time. Naturally, she made Bobo one for Father's Day and Nana one for her birthday and gave them to them yesterday. Bobo--manly man from way back who's only jewelry is his wedding band and a cheap digital watch immediately put his on and wore it the rest of the day. Nana on, the other hand, put hers away, claiming she was afraid she'd lose it.

3.) Lyssa and Efan insisted on watching Frozen even though they have a copy of it at home. Of course they also played and goofed around during the movie but after it was over they took turns acting out the first scene where Ana wakes up Elsa to build a snowman. They'd take turns doing each character and recited it word for word, hand motions, etc. Even when Ana flops on top Elsa to try and get her wake up.

 
 

Comments

Heather said…
Sounds like you all had a good day!
Jana said…
We did. The kids are always a lot of fun. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today