Queue

So twice this week alone I've heard  two different people pronounce the word "queue" as kewy (rhymes with chewy) and I thought, "Crap. I've been pronouncing it wrong all these years." I pronounce it "kew" or the same as "cue". 

I hate when I think I'm dumber than I realize so I looked it up on dictionary.com for the pronunciation. They have it described as "kyoo" which I'm interpreting to be more like my "kew/cue" pronunciation.

Anybody want to weigh in on this? Am I saying it right? Or are they "kewy" people right? Halp!


Update:

Everything you want to know can be found on Youtube, apparently. haha


Comments

Heather said…
When in doubt, ask a French/English major. It is pronounce "kyoo" -- or, as you put it, "Kew/cue."
Jana said…
It really makes me feel better about myself that a highly educated librarian mispronounces it. hahahaha
Heather said…
Okay, that's pretty sad that a librarian mispronounces it. :-\
Jana said…
Yeah. Just one of many reasons I have problems with him. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today