Staycation 2014: Part 4th of July

See what I did there? Of course, it would have worked out better if this were part 4 of the series, right? I'm nothing if not a day late and dollar short. :-/

haha

So. Independence Day.

There was pie. And LOTS of yummy food.

I baked a lemon ice box pie that nearly KILLED me. Let's just say that squeezing 12 to 14 lemons by hand is NOT a happy event. Can you say "hand cramps?" Yeah. But the pie was gooooooood.

Daddy grilled burgers and smoked a Boston Butt and everyone else provided the sides.

Yes. This is a photo of my plate. Envy me.


I can still taste that yummy goodness. Give me a moment.

^

^

^

Okay. I'm back. ;-)

Wish I'd taken a photo of that pie. Dang. I neeeeeeeeeed some more.

Moving along, though, we had a great day with the family. Hanging out on the front porch, or a the kitchen table, or in the yard. It was just a lot of fun. Ironically enough, the temps on the 4th were actually nice. I think it was in the lower 80's. Unusual 'round these here parts. Especially since all days prior in the week had been pushing 100 with 100% humidity. God blessed us with a wonderfully gorgeous day, for sure.

Ethan was avoiding my camera. Stinker. That's okay
I like this just as well.

This is Granny's flag. I need one for my house.

I love that Emmy is old enough to have actual
conversations that make sense and everything.
How is that even possible, though.

Bobo had to rescue the boy from the tree he always insists upon
climbing but can never get down from on his own.

Emmy the photographer. Her camera is intense.
She made me hold it for her for a few minutes and I almost
 had a panic attack. She paid for half of it herself, btw.
So proud of my girl. She's so grown up.

Of course there was a lot of sitting around the table, too.

Ethan made his poor old Nana race him.
 
Then he got mad when she won.
Of course, she also cheated.

Emmy raced him, too.

And he pouted when Emmy beat
him WITHOUT cheating. haha
I raced him, too, if you must know. And he won every time. Emmy has the only photographic evidence of that, though. And she's sworn to protect it from ever going public. :-D

Obligatory selfie with Ems.

Dangit, those are some adorable kiddos.
Can we go back to the 4th of July when
they were all with me?

Teenagers. *shakes head*

Omigosh, this girl.


Sis1 actually joined us outside for a little while.
Pretty comfy in that chair, isn't she?

 
More later on the rest of my staycation. It'll wrap up soon and then I'll be ready for ANOTHER staycation. ;-)


Comments

Heather said…
Looks like fun was had by all. I am officially jealous of Em's camera. I need more zoom capability! ☺
Jana said…
Yeah, I'm jealous, too. Especially considering that I've somehow LOST my old Kodak point and shoot so now I'm down to JUST the iPhone for a camera. :-( Don't get me wrong the iPhone mostly takes decent pics, but the Kodak had a slight edge over it. iPhone can be tricky in certain lighting situations that the Kodak could handle better.

If I didn't need a new roof so badly, I'd try saving up for a good camera but, you know. Priorities. :-/
Heather said…
I hear you on priorities. I'd love a newer camera, but as long as the old one still works, it's not at the top of my list.

My current issues include a new microwave (mine died last weekend - lights and timer work, but it doesn't heat *sob*), upgrading my computer, and a new TV - or at the very least a new digital converter box. The one you sent me in 2010 died over the winter. Sherrie gave me her old one, but it has issues.

I should have 15 non-cable channels now, and lately it's not pulling three in. First it was the FOX channels it was denying me, now all of a sudden I get FOX (yay, new classic movie channel!), but no PBS stations, and I have to play with the antenna to get CBS to come in halfway decent. And, of course, most of the shows I watch are on CBS. I haven't determined if it's the box, the antenna or a combination thereof. Need to get that sorted out before fall. :-\

In any case, technology is really annoying me lately.
Jana said…
Oh, that's a bummer about the converter boxes. Hope you can get that sorted out before fall.

I've got to get a new kitchen faucet as my current one has developed a leak. Fortunately my uncle has agreed to come up in a couple of weeks to replace it for me but I've still got to buy a new faucet. If I want to get one that'll last me a long time, I've got to shell out my Lowe's card. No sense buying a cheap Wal-Mart that'll just hafta be replaced in a couple of years. :-(

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today