Weekend Review: The Week Late Addition
I think I promised a weekend review Wednesday and then I went for a walk yesterday and forgot. My bad! (Do people still say that? People other than me?)
It's never too late to review a weekend, though, right? So without further ado, here tis.
My sweet Granny had a birthday Saturday so naturally we took her out to supper Saturday night. The super small community nearest where I live has a diner now that we like to visit about once a month. Actually, the diner's been around for a little over a year now, but you know. Still new. Anyway, we (Mama, Daddy and Aunt Grace) took her to the diner for a fried catfish supper. We both (she and I) got a little surprise when we walked in and spotted my aunt (Daddy's sister) and most of her family. Well, her husband and one of her kids and two of his kids. And his current girlfriend and her kids.
Excuse me for a moment while I go off on a little tangent here.
Shouldn't you have been dating long enough for your parents to know that you're dating a person before you bring that person and two of her children to a family gathering? In all seriousness, my aunt said she found out 30 minutes prior to supper that my cousin had a new girlfriend. I still thought he was dating the woman he brought to Granny's house for Easter. But seriously, is it really fair to subject your extended family to your new plaything when you've barely been dating long enough to know each other's last names? Is it really fair to the new girlfriend, either?
ALSO, shouldn't you, like, INTRODUCE THE POOR GIRL!
Seriously. None of us ever even learned her name. Not even his parents.
Anyway, back to Granny...We had a nice supper. I sat across from my cousin's 18-year-old son and teased him. And he made fun of me when I spilled a bit of my Coke. haha
The catfish was good, of course, which means I cleaned my plate. Yum.
I miss it. Can I go back tonight?
I had baked a cake earlier and we had dropped it off at Granny's house on the way to supper so we ended up going back to her house for dessert. Well, all but my cousin and his new girl toy and kids. We ate cake and ice cream and laughed. I yawned a lot and got made fun of, seeing as how I was the youngest person there and everyone else was really lively. What can I say? I was tired.
It's never too late to review a weekend, though, right? So without further ado, here tis.
My sweet Granny had a birthday Saturday so naturally we took her out to supper Saturday night. The super small community nearest where I live has a diner now that we like to visit about once a month. Actually, the diner's been around for a little over a year now, but you know. Still new. Anyway, we (Mama, Daddy and Aunt Grace) took her to the diner for a fried catfish supper. We both (she and I) got a little surprise when we walked in and spotted my aunt (Daddy's sister) and most of her family. Well, her husband and one of her kids and two of his kids. And his current girlfriend and her kids.
Excuse me for a moment while I go off on a little tangent here.
Shouldn't you have been dating long enough for your parents to know that you're dating a person before you bring that person and two of her children to a family gathering? In all seriousness, my aunt said she found out 30 minutes prior to supper that my cousin had a new girlfriend. I still thought he was dating the woman he brought to Granny's house for Easter. But seriously, is it really fair to subject your extended family to your new plaything when you've barely been dating long enough to know each other's last names? Is it really fair to the new girlfriend, either?
ALSO, shouldn't you, like, INTRODUCE THE POOR GIRL!
Seriously. None of us ever even learned her name. Not even his parents.
Anyway, back to Granny...We had a nice supper. I sat across from my cousin's 18-year-old son and teased him. And he made fun of me when I spilled a bit of my Coke. haha
The catfish was good, of course, which means I cleaned my plate. Yum.
I miss it. Can I go back tonight?
I had baked a cake earlier and we had dropped it off at Granny's house on the way to supper so we ended up going back to her house for dessert. Well, all but my cousin and his new girl toy and kids. We ate cake and ice cream and laughed. I yawned a lot and got made fun of, seeing as how I was the youngest person there and everyone else was really lively. What can I say? I was tired.
| I hope I age as well as Granny. She's 81 and doesn't look a day over 70. ;-) |
| Granny's dog, Penny, was disappointed that no crumbs were dropped. |
| We sat around and talked for the longest time. I had to sneak this pic in , though. |
It was close to 9pm when I got home so of course I had to stay up with the Devil Pup for a little while. She was not happy at having been left out. We stayed up and watched My Haunted House on LMN which totally freaked me out. I can usually handle those types shows but this episode had a child ghost on it and for some reason, child ghosts freak me out!
I had to stay up an extra thirty minutes just to calm down. Not even joking.
Sunday was just the usual stuff. Church. Lunch with the folks. After lunch Daddy and I watched my latest Netflix DVD, Nonstop. It was a good movie. Very intense, though. A real chair gripper.
And that was pretty much the most exciting things about last weekend. :-)
Comments
Also glad Granny had a good birthday. A friend's grandmother turned 90 last fall and I swear she is in better health than a lot of people 20 and even 40 years younger than she. Must be something to do with that generation. Of course, they didn't have video games, cable TV, and computers. LOL
As for your tangent, um...yes, he should have told his parents about the new GF and kids, and proper manners dictates that he should have introduced her/them to everyone.
I should be used to this cousin's antics. Ever since his divorce a few years ago he changes out girlfriends like he (hopefully) changes his underwear. I just wish he didn't feel the need to inflict them on the extended family all the time. Makes for an awkward situation for everyone.