Grandparental Update And Other Life Type Things
So they are all home from their respective hospitals now.
Granny is still weak and not up to par but feeling somewhat better. Daddy is still helping her out as best he can. Checking in on her periodically and taking the dog out for her. Basically keeping up with all the little things you don't think about until you're too sick to do them.
His Dad is doing as well as he ever will be, I suppose. He's given his wife a couple of scares but so far he's hanging in there.
Ma-Maw (Mama's step-mother) is home and having a hard time. The meds they have her own are messing with bodily functions of the unmentionable kind and she's moving really slowly. They have her on oxygen off an on. My aunts are taking turns staying with her this week and she goes back to the doctor Friday, I think, for a post op check-up. But the doctor said she's "living on borrowed time." Of course, the doctors told my dad's bio dad that DECADES ago. So...*shrug* who knows what that even means? Hopefully it means that whoever she's borrowing time from won't be selfish and cut her off! ;-)
As for the rest of us, we're making it. In full on party meltdown mode, trying to get Lyssa's birthday party planned. My credit card, banking account and budget are bleeding out on the floor right now. Weird since we got a little raise that kicked in in July and I'm broker than I've been in a LONG time. Next year, Lyssa is going to hafta be a big girl and be happy with a generically simple cake and ice cream party. I love her, but holy WOW has this birthday party business gotten out of hand! Ethan, bless his heart, just wants a Dusty Fire and Rescue cake and maybe a poster and he's happy. Boys are so much cheaper. lol
On the "just me" front, I'm sticking to the walking thing so far. I walked four out of seven days last week and twice today. I'm pushing for two miles a day. If it weren't so blame hot, I think I'd be okay to push a little harder but this afternoon liketa killed me. It was only 81 degrees but it felt like 100 in the sun. Blah.
Have not really lost any weight but I haven't really been all that careful with my calorie counting, either. I'm focusing on one thing at a time. Get the walking thing ingrained and then focus on the eating thing. One day, one step and one goal at a time.
Granny is still weak and not up to par but feeling somewhat better. Daddy is still helping her out as best he can. Checking in on her periodically and taking the dog out for her. Basically keeping up with all the little things you don't think about until you're too sick to do them.
His Dad is doing as well as he ever will be, I suppose. He's given his wife a couple of scares but so far he's hanging in there.
Ma-Maw (Mama's step-mother) is home and having a hard time. The meds they have her own are messing with bodily functions of the unmentionable kind and she's moving really slowly. They have her on oxygen off an on. My aunts are taking turns staying with her this week and she goes back to the doctor Friday, I think, for a post op check-up. But the doctor said she's "living on borrowed time." Of course, the doctors told my dad's bio dad that DECADES ago. So...*shrug* who knows what that even means? Hopefully it means that whoever she's borrowing time from won't be selfish and cut her off! ;-)
As for the rest of us, we're making it. In full on party meltdown mode, trying to get Lyssa's birthday party planned. My credit card, banking account and budget are bleeding out on the floor right now. Weird since we got a little raise that kicked in in July and I'm broker than I've been in a LONG time. Next year, Lyssa is going to hafta be a big girl and be happy with a generically simple cake and ice cream party. I love her, but holy WOW has this birthday party business gotten out of hand! Ethan, bless his heart, just wants a Dusty Fire and Rescue cake and maybe a poster and he's happy. Boys are so much cheaper. lol
On the "just me" front, I'm sticking to the walking thing so far. I walked four out of seven days last week and twice today. I'm pushing for two miles a day. If it weren't so blame hot, I think I'd be okay to push a little harder but this afternoon liketa killed me. It was only 81 degrees but it felt like 100 in the sun. Blah.
Have not really lost any weight but I haven't really been all that careful with my calorie counting, either. I'm focusing on one thing at a time. Get the walking thing ingrained and then focus on the eating thing. One day, one step and one goal at a time.
Comments
Sorry the "Frozen" party has been such a hassle -- at least Ethan wants something simpler, LOL. Oh, and according to a recent news report -- boys are actually more expensive in the long run, so enjoy it while you all can. ;-D
That's the problem with being the doting aunt. I get suckered way too easily. Their parents AND the kids have figured that out, I do believe. :-/