Things I'm Loving

1.) Oikos Toasted Coconut Greek Yogurt. It really does taste more like toasted coconut than yogurt. I like to sprinkle some mini-chocolate chips in there and call it breakfast dessert.

2.) This French Onion Pasta. I've made it twice since Joy posted the recipe. The first time I added  some smoked sausages to the pasta when it was done. Last night's version was a quarter of the recipe and served as a side with chicken. I think you'd like it even if you don't normally like onions. The onions kinda melt into it and get all sweet and caramel-y.

3.) Kasey Musgraves' Same Trailor Different Park CD. I liked a couple of her songs when they first came out a while back but I didn't really fall in  love with her music until I saw the CMT Crossroads that she did with Katy Perry a couple months ago. So yeah, I had to buy her CD then. That Crossroads episode also cemented me as a Katy Perry fan but I haven't gotten any of her CD's yet. Waiting on my money situation to stabilize after this party business before investing in any more music.

4.) Victoria Dahl's latest book, Looking for Trouble. Yowza! That is one white hot read. I can't even...*fans self* Finished it in two sittings. Would have finished in one sitting but, you know, I had stuff to do.

5.) The fact that my fingernails are finally recovering from the nail polish I put on them FOUR FREAKING MONTHS AGO. Not even joking. I wore nail polish for Easter and ever since I removed it my nails have split and pealed and been generally grotesque. I've had to keep them super short in hopes of growing out of the peels. Just noticed yesterday that even though they are still super short, all of the peeled places are finally gone and they look like healthy nails again.

6.) These Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies. I made a half batch Saturday night and have been rolling around in them blissfully ever since. I added a handful of chopped pecans to mine. In the last batch I also threw in some mini-chocolate chips. I've eaten them for dessert, breakfast (with my yogurt) and pre-supper snack last night. I also smeared some mocha hazelnut spread on them at one point. They are just so good! Not dry like ghosts of oatmeal cookies past. These are chewy with a little crispiness on the edges, super sweet and just altogether yummy.

7.) This girl.




8.) The first season of Masters of Sex on DVD. Probably not something I should admit to watching but it's pretty interesting. A little naked at times, but the relationships and the characters are really interesting. The only real problem I have with it is that the male lead (Dr. Masters) is played by the same guy who portrayed the creepy mind reading Vulturi guy in the Twilight Saga movies whose name escapes me at the moment and I keep waiting for him to do something creepy and mean. haha

9.) My new kitchen faucet. Yes. I'm still on that. Last night was the first night since I got it that I didn't wash dishes. But that was mostly because my Monday night shows were about to come on. It's a Moen, in case you were wondering. Supposed to be super durable and long lasting.

10.) My boss being gone to a conference out of town this week. 'Nuff said.

Comments

Heather said…
I'd be all over those brown sugar oatmeal cookies, were it not for the fact I made brownies tonight. As for the boss, mine just returned from a month out of the country, so I'm probably not going to get rid of him again any time soon. :-\
Jana said…
Party's over, huh? lol Sucks. But if you're like me, "boss being gone" ends up translating to "more work for me." blah Never fun.

Brownies...*drool*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today