This and That
Tried a Boca veggie burger for the first time. I was a little leery about it at first, but it was actually really good. Had sweet potato fries (oven "fried") with it. Trying to eat healthier without sacrificing the things I love like burgers and fries. ;-)
Mama bought Alyssa a desk for Christmas and I "get" to fix it up. Fun. Actually, though, I haven't worked on a big project in a while so I'm due for one. You know I'll share the deets.
I watched the last hour of the MSU/LSU game and nearly lost my voice screaming because MSU was thisclose to winning and they almost let LSU steal the game from them in the last two minutes. 😬🙈
But dem dogs finished off dem tigers 34-29.
I only turned it over to check the score because my FB newsfeed was blowing up with excitement. Got sucked in and now I remember why I don't watch sports...in beet we all the boring standing around, it can get way too intense. lol
I was so tired/lazy that I didn't bake my pie for church last night do now I'm stressing over whether it not it'll have proper cooling time. Oh well. I'm tempted to keep it for myself anyway. It's my favorite chocolate pie. Mmmmmmm.
I also made jalapeño cheddar biscuits. Tiny ones. I love them but I can see the church folks being leery to try 'em. Church folks are suspicious of "new" things. Ha
Am frying chicken strips, too. I wouldn't normally, but I had chickfm tenders in the freezer and since I'm broke, I didn't want to hafta but anything to cook. So...pray for me? Frying is not my favorite thing to do.
I'd really like to stay at home and sleep today.
Anyway, happy Sunday, y'all!!!
Comments
Eating healthier and within your budget can be hard. The cooler weather last week had me eating a lot of soup.
I'm looking forward to soup/chili weather. It's a touch cooler here this week, in the upper 70's lower 80's but still too hot for soups. I still broke a sweat when I went out to walk this afternoon.