Catching Up

I thought that once the Gala was over that I'd have more time to write. Boy was I wrong! I ended up being mostly out the week of Thanksgiving and last week I planned and executed two parties (a baby shower and the pizza party!) and focused on getting the department put back together from the Gala. And I got sucked into some other minor things, as well. So...no writing! I figure the photos did plenty of talking, though, so you didn't miss out on any of the highlights of my life. ;-)

From now until February, D, my coworker for whom we threw the baby shower, is gone. She goes in on Wednesday for a scheduled C-section. Bless her heart, she had to do all the most stressful work during her last trimester so she has EARNED a little two day break before the baby arrives. I, however, MISS HER. It's going to be a long 6-12 weeks without her. PLUS, having to navigate who's filling in her responsibilities is a stinker. Already this week we've had to turn the department upside down trying to fill in the gaps. With NO HELP from a certain person who's job it is to figure this stuff out, btw. So it is going to be a LOOOOONG several weeks in a lot of ways.

Anyway, there are still good times to be had. Like this past Saturday. Sis2 and I hung out in town all day. We ate breakfast at the new Denny's in town. Yes. We finally got a Denny's. Probably will not ever eat there again because they are hella slow (as in 45 minutes just to get our drink orders in!) but the food was good. We did a bunch of Christmas shopping the rest of the day. I'd say I'm about 80% done with my shopping. But since a lot of my gifts involve making stuff I'd still say I'm about 50% done with Christmas GIFTS. I'm painting stuff for a few folks and while I have the materials I haven't actually done the painting yet. 

Ironically, I HAVE been painting/creating...just not the things that I need to do for gifts! My muse has been distracted by other inspiration, apparently.

Anyway, Sis2 and I had fun shopping and hanging out. When I dropped her off, I went in an got some love and hugs from mah behbeh's. Totally made my day. Love me some kiddos.

I was WORN OUT when I got home though. Like, could hardly walk and even sitting hurt, worn out. Needless to say, I didn't do a bloomin' thing Sunday after church. Libs and I went to the folks for lunch and then watched a DVD with Bobo before going home to sack out. I've barely done my laundry, the kitchen is still a bit of a wreck and on top of all that, Mother Freakin' Nature came to visit and brought a vicious back-ache with her. Seriously physically miserable over here.

Anyway, just a week and half left before Christmas break so...Yay!!

Comments

Heather said…
Wow, I can't even remember the last time I ate at Denny's. I'm sure it was with Kim and Sherrie, though. And how funny -- you just got a Denny's, and we just got a Chick-fil-a.
Jana said…
Food progress! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today