Humbug

So this is my last full day of work for the year. I'm leaving at 10 on Monday and refuse to believe that I ever have to come back on the fifth. Of course, I will likely post a photo or twenty while I'm off. Probably.

This has been the SLOWEST week EVER and the past two days have lasted two lifetimes. Will Christmas break never come?

I did something exciting yesterday morning but I can't really talk about it. I might email the info to you if you really wanna know. But not putting it out on the 'net because I look stupid but in fact, I am not. Not entirely, anyway.

Speaking of being stupid, I'm convince that my pastor thinks I'm slow. Like, mentally slow. He often speaks slowly and enunciates to me and always does this weird half bow thing when he shakes my hand. It's weird. He doesn't do it to anyone else. I guess I'm "special?" *shrug*

Take Sunday, for instance. We had our church Christmas lunch which involves gifting the pastor's family with Christmas presents. I don't normally participate because I'm poor but this year (the year of the hot glue gun) I made them something and included one of my annual Libby and me Christmas cards. His kids excitedly opened the card and exclaimed over how pretty Libby was and handed it to him, "Daddy, Daddy, look!" He takes it and gives it a quickish look and then turns to me all serious and does the half bow thing and then very slowly said, "Thank you, so much, Miss Jana."

I can't tell if it's because he thinks I'm the forbidden "R" word or because he thinks I'm another "r" word that is a popular song now. (Royal--haha)

Either way it's annoying as all get out. Guess I could start asking him to kiss my ring (if I had a ring) and either way I'll fit into his apparent assessment of me.

Anyhoo, not much else going on in the Land of Jana these days. Just winding down at work, trying to get Christmas presents completed and wrapped at home and resisting the urge to not throw my exhausted and mildly depressed butt in front of a bus. We do have transit buses on campus, so it's not just a figure of speech. ;-)

Hope everyone has a safe and warm (and happy!) weekend. Sloppy smooches!

Comments

Heather said…
What?! You're off work already today? You and Kim - she has all week off except Friday. So I've been at work a couple hours already and feel miserable. I am so tired of being sick, and how fair is it that I'm ending the year as I began it? NOT a good omen. :-\

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today