I don't know if I understand life anymore



So today we gave our "kids" (aka student assistants) a Christmas pizza party to thank them for all their hard work and dedication to our department. I've always thought this was a form of appreciation that college kids enjoy.

I was wrong. 

Half my students altogether skipped it and one student who showed up to work her regular hours, I had to strong arm into joining the party. Later, as she and the three other students who attended passed me on their way back to the office, I heard her say, "I'd have rather worked." 

1. Where is that work ethic in the rest of society--myself included?

2. Ungrateful heifer! 

3. How do kids forget to/not want to show up for free food? It just does not compute to me. 

I just don't understand life anymore.

Edited to add:

I really don't like life anymore, either. I don't know all the details yet, but I just found out that Daddy's having heart problems again. New heart problems brought on by his leukemia medication. Has an appointment with cardiologist Wednesday to have his heart shocked back into rhythm.

CAN WE PLEASE JUST HAVE EVERYONE HEALTHY FOR JUST A LITTLE WHILE?

Also, would y'all please pray for him? And for me? My own heart is just not happy with this turn of events.

Comments

Aunt B said…
Sending prayers, hon, and positive vibes for your Dad, and you, and all of your family. Please keep us posted.
Jana said…
Thanks, Aunt B! I'll post as soon as I know anything Wednesday.
Heather said…
Since when do college students turn down free food?

Sorry to hear the news about Dad. I hope things went well yesterday!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today