Update On Daddy

Daddy came through his procedures fine. They weren't very pleasant, of course. I don't imagine that tubes down a person's throat or a shock to the heart would ever be considered fun. :-/ But he came through them fine and came home last night. Mama said he slept off the anesthesia all night and has strict orders to rest today and tomorrow, at least.

Not sure how all this going to affect his normal routines. You know it's deer hunting season. Their neighbor who is a nurse said that he will need to use caution when shooting because a strong enough kickback from a rifle or shotgun could knock his heart back out of sinus rhythm. Which would mean that he'd be at risk again for heart attack, stroke, etc. and likely wouldn't even know it.

So. Yeah.

Anyway, I'm just so grateful that he came through yesterday without any problems and they made it home safely.

I know how blessed I am to still have my daddy with me. Most of my friends don't have theirs anymore. And for all the issues he and I have had over the years, I love him fiercely and ya'll just don't know how scared I am on a near daily basis that I'm going to lose him. With all his health problems these last several years (starting in '04 with his heart attack) I face that very real possibility every single day when before that it never crossed my mind that the man who was larger than life to me as a kid wouldn't simply live forever and always be that powerful force of a man.

When Mama first told me he was going to have to have this procedure and why, it was a full on bawl-fest which was made worse by the fact that I was at work and had to hide the fact that I was basically falling apart.

It's hard enough seeing him grow older and more feeble when he used to be the toughest, strongest man I knew. But to face his mortality? Brutal.

Something else that brings it all into a sad perspective is some news I received last week that kinda shook me up. Remember Heat Pump Hottie? The hottie who installed the heat pump in my house five years ago and launched a thousand erotic daydreams? He died last week of an apparent heart attack at the age of 43. That's three years older than my oldest sister and twenty years younger than Daddy and HIS daughter no longer has her daddy.

Yeah. *shaking head*

So I am BLESSED to have my daddy with me and I treasure every day I have him.

Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts. Maybe you could offer some for HPH's family?

Comments

Aunt B said…
Glad to hear things are okay with your Daddy!
Jana said…
Thanks, Aunt B!
Heather said…
Glad to hear everything went okay!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today