I Got Lost

Life, man. It's been insanely busy and super weird. Lots of consuming business going on at work so much so that when I get home I am ded.

We ended up having an "ice day" on the 5th so I was at home for that but didn't really take pics or do anything interesting. Now it's the wet rainy early Spring and we are all drowning.

It's been Spring Break on campus this week but I hardly even knew it because we're prepping for a couple of big upcoming events which means that today is the first day all week that I've been able to actually sit at my desk. All ya'll who've never worked in a library are probably like, "What? Librarians do more than shush people and check out books? What?"

Academia, man. It's not for slackers, that's fo sho.

Only thing I have enjoyed this week is the lack of traffic. I can get anywhere on campus that I want to go without any problems. Anywhere in town really. So I kinda dread next week. ha

Today is my great Aunt L's birthday. She's my kindred spirit and we share a middle name. Meaning, we're both socially awkward hermits whose middle name begins with an L. She goes by her/our middle name. And if I'd ever had a daughter I'd have given her my aunt's first name, Ruby. It's a family name, too. One that no one has used since my aunt was born which is sad because I think it's such a cool name.

Family life has been good, though. I managed to take off work Wednesday to spend at least one day of spring break with them. We met up at Granny's house and spent the day there. We played four rounds of Memory and three rounds of Go Fish (using the Memory cards because we're cool like that.) Granny cooked a minor feast of ham, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, peas, sweet potato fries and creamed corn. Oh, and pie! Mustn't forget the pie! I think we may have worn her out a bit but she seemed to enjoy the visit anyway.

I love that the kids love me as much as they do. When I first walked in, Ethan ran over and gave me a super long hug and then patted my behind. Not sure how I feel about the behind pat, but the hug was really sweet.

They were both really sweet in general for most of the day. Declaring me their best buddy and taking selfies with me. We even rallied together during the card games to make sure we each had a turn winning. haha

Anyway, not a whole, whole lot going on with me outside of work. I'm fairly extra boring these days. Not crafting. Not really baking/cooking. Not even really reading. I read one book last week...one I'd been anticipating reading for a while but...ugh. It sort of sucked. A fact made worse by the fact that it was one of my favorite authors! The hero was a bit of a self-righteous ass and the heroine was a whiney little ninny and I did not buy them falling in love AT. ALL. I was rooting for them to break up, actually. Really a bummer because this author normally writes really kick-ass heroines and really hot and smoldering heroes. Usually lots of snappy dialog and fun sexy times. But this book was a bore. A real aggravation of a snoozefest. I'm kinda book-shy, now. I've got a new book that I've also been waiting forever to read and I'm just kinda scared to start reading it because what if it sucks, too? It, too, is by a favorite author. If it sucks too, I may be turned off of reading forever. (Melodramatic, much?)

And that's me, right now. How're ya'll?

Comments

Aunt B said…
Really glad you're back, Jana, and that all is well. I was getting concerned. :-)
Heather said…
Good to hear from you again -- you were so quiet, you had me worried. Glad you got to spend some Spring Break time with the munchkins.
Jana said…
Sorry. Did not mean to scare ya'll. I honestly did not realize it had been so long since I posted. Might be a little sparse this week, too. We're finishing up a big installation this week (a fancy pants traveling exhibit)and entertaining/babysitting the curators/owners of the stuff. I'm hoping my contribution will be minimal, but I can never tell. *faceplant*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today